The Opera Mini web browser for iOS lets you do everything you want to online without wasting your data plan. It’s a fast, safe mobile web browser that saves you tons of data.
* Sleek new look - Our new, lightweight design makes it easier to find what you need and do what you came online to do.
* Get the latest news - The start page keeps everything in one place. Choose the categories you’re interested in and Opera Mini will serve you the top stories and freshest content from across the web.
Why Choose Opera Mini?
* Faster browsing - Choose from search results that appear as you type; quickly access previously visited pages.
* Block ads - Save your screen space for the content you want to see and speed up browsing.
* Data savings - Reduce mobile data usage by up to 90%.
* Unlimited tabs - Open and view as many tabs as you’d like.
* Privacy - Use private tabs to browse incognito without leaving a trace on your device.
* Smart night mode - Bye-bye, sore eyes. Night mode lets you read more comfortably in the dark.
* Video boost - Turn it on to save tons of data on video. Pro tip: Video boost also reduces buffering.
* Home screen search - Use your device's Spotlight Search to access your Speed Dial entries. Just drag down on your home screen and start typing.
More than 250 million people depend on Opera Mini to help them browse more content, faster, even on congested and sluggish networks.
Install it. Try it. Love it.
- Various stability and performance fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
"Sleek new look" still terrible even after update
Update 16.0.7: continues to be awful. Ugly as sin, crashes often, slow to load, force-feeds you a news feed that drains your data. I don't know what prompted the complete course change (of wait, I do: $$$ from advertisers and news site affiliate agreements). Don't bother with this any more, try another browser. I switched to Dolphin and it's way better, even has some of the same features like the URL slider button on the keyboard.
Update 16.0.4: still terrible. They really need to abandon this awful design trajectory and roll it back to version 15. No one asked for a garbage news feed to replace their data-light browser. Cynical choice dudes.
Hah. The app's review score was recently reset. Didn't know they could so easily wipe out bad scores! I'm sorry to say third update since the big changes and they still haven't been rolled back. I'm having a lot of success with a different browser named after a marine mammal, I highly recommend it.
As others have stated:
-Unattractive red framing replaced previous attractive interface.
-The "lightweight" browser force loads MSN style news no one asked for.
-App takes forever to load now, probably as it front loads news to force feed you.
-You can't turn off the news, did I mention that?
-Bye bye attractive speed dial backgrounds.
-Button layout has changed unnecessarily so you have to rewrite your muscle memory.
-Feels like some out of touch executive showed up one day and dumped a mess of bad ideas on the dev team.
Privacy issues beyond opera
Opera tracks everything you are looking for in different apps of your phone so later when you open the browser it will show you exactly what you looked at somewhere else. Not a coincidence. This is terrible that opera can track you beyond itself. I think the producers and techs should look over opera privacy settings which you don’t even have in this app and STOP tracking people.
Crashes often, continues to play videos of closed tabs, doesn’t play videos in full screen, trouble opening links in new tabs, etc...
- Opera Software AS
- 77.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Opera Software AS
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.