Optiscan lets you create, scan and share QR codes straight from your device.
* Please contact our Support team with any problems or queries before posting a negative review - we do our very best to help! *
"Overall, Optiscan is a really nice QR Code reader. … It’s a full-featured app that should satisfy most users." Don Reisinger, CNet
"The best QR Code scanner for iPhones – it understands all the new trickier encoding types and has definitely kept up with development in QR code technology." Jeff Texeira, Hagadone
"Recognises the QR correctly … your application is without fault - like a Kalashnikov :) Thanks!"
"By far the best out there. No hassles, no fuss. Simple to use."
Scan any QR code quickly and easily using your devices camera and Optiscan.
• Create your own QR codes to share contacts, URLs, text messages, calendar events, SMS, location details, emails, phone numbers or wi-fi details with others.
• Save to Photo album by holding down on the QR code image and selecting 'Save Image'
• Automatically scan QR codes in pretty much any situation - we have less issues than others!
• Save specific QR codes for quick sharing - perfect for sharing your business card!
• Keep a history of QR codes created and scanned for easy recall.
• Want to scan or generate codes in French? Japanese? No problem! Optiscan supports UTF-8, ISO-8859-1, and Shift-JIS.
• Found a QR code on the web? You don't need two devices. Save the image to the photo gallery from Safari (tap and hold the image) - and Optiscan will decode them for you!
Optiscan runs without a network connection, and keeps your data private. Why put up with anything less?
** We want your feedback! **
We're always working on the next update to keep you happy and always look to include the most popular new features as requested by you.
* Added setting for custom URL parameter added to any URLs.
Ratings and Reviews
I like it. It works fine, wish you could embed graphic into email. Took snapshot of 1 and then sent the graphic via email. Would be even nicer if one could wirelessly copy onto desktop.
So far the only QR reader that's blown me away
I've tried a number of the free ones thus far, including NeoReader which seems to be fairly well reviewed.
NeoReader seems to read the codes fine, but it doesn't support contact data.
So I decided to try Optiscan which was well reviewed.
BOOM. WTH? With every other reader I've had to juggle the camera to focus proper, and then wiggle hands to get the shot right.
Optiscan whirls up the camera and in 1 or 2 seconds it just BOOM. And gives you the readout. One click.
It is great to generate my own QR codes on the iPhone without worrying privacy and hidden issues in web apps. It's ease of use and clear interface is what I appreciate. You can also store QR codes you've taken with the camera in camera roll and read them later with a single swipe. Well worth the money. And the customer support is fantastic.
- Airsource Ltd.
- 5.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Airsource Ltd.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.