macOS Server makes it easy to configure and monitor Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV devices and network storage volumes.
Here’s what you’ll get with macOS Server:
• Mobile device management for iOS, macOS, and tvOS devices
• Distribution of institution licensed apps and books purchased from the Volume Purchase Program to users or devices
• Install Software Updates on devices running iOS 12 and mac OS 10.14
• Device Enrollment Program integration
• Web-based administration console
• Self-service user portal for clearing passcodes, remote lock, and remote wipe
• Block-level SAN file sharing with concurrent read/write access
• Xsan volume hosting and configuration
• Volume management, storage pooling, striping, and volume mapping
• Real-time monitoring, graphs, and event notifications
• Metadata controller failover and file system journaling
• Local and remote management
• Users and group settings
• View real-time graphs of server usage
• Receive alerts on network changes, certificate expiration, storage usage, and more
Some features require an Apple ID and/or compatible Internet access; additional fees and terms apply. Some features require program enrollment. Some features are not available in all countries.
• Export a pre-defined set of device information values for specified devices using a new command line tool, exportDeviceInfo
• Skip TrueTone pane in Setup Assistant
• Configure new restrictions: screen shot and remote screen observation
• Configure Exchange Web Services authentication certificate
• Configure Apple Remote Desktop access
• Configure managed classes on student Macs
• Enable or disable Voice and Data Roaming and Personal Hotspot
• Configure new restrictions: Personal Hotspot modification (supervised only), disable server-side Siri logging
• Display phone number, ICCID and IMEI details of enrolled Dual SIM devices
macOS and iOS
• Configure Certificate Transparency payload
• Configure Managed Software Updates
Ratings and Reviews
In order For Me to Use Mac MiniServer to I Have to PAY?!
So, basically, in order for me to use my computer, I have to pay $30 everytime I update my iOS, which I have no choice but to do so long as I have an iPhone?! REALLY?! This is COMPLETELY unfair. This is a program which came with my computer. I bought the server, it isn’t like I am running an iMac or regular Mac Mini computer. This is a server! I am very angry with Apple right now!
I read all these peoples reviews about having to pay again when they update their OS but the new update just came out so I figure wth I’ll try it. What a mistake. I’m not here complaning about the price. The problem is the system itself. We can’t print anymore. The printer is on the network but not visible to the computers. My iCloud…gone. Have to enter the conputer and icloud password 8 times before it will run now. Now none of the computers in our office can access the network. I’ve wasted 6 hours on this. Time is money and if you take anything away from this review make it this….save your time. Life is too short to dick around with this stupid app.
Pretty much worthless now except for Network user accounts
Server app has for me at least, become increasingly useless.
It still is the easiest way to manage network user accounts.
However, in High Sierra both Caching Control and File Sharing have been moved out of the Server App. It was just easier to manage everything in one place. Even if there’s no need.
Why not leave well enough alone?
OS X, despite the light node with the iMac Pro continues it’s trend away from an Operating System towards a giant iPad.
- Apple Canada, Inc.
- 87.8 MB
macOS 10.14.4 or later
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.