Ottomobile™ Pro is an application for GPS-enabled iPhones that is designed to be used while driving. The app is intended to be used as a driving aid, and has been designed to promote safe driving by complementing existing roadway signs, and provides a means to record trip logs for both personal and business use. The new version of the app features:
• An intuitive user interface that consolidates a dashboard with trip details, alert information and an ability to view the surround road network on a map.
• Alert notifications as you drive for speeding, school zone and playground areas, crosswalks, hazardous intersections, wildlife crossings and red-light camera controlled intersection locations (where map coverage is available).
• Trip logging with real-time trip information, post trip statistics including trip mileage, and trip trace routes on a map, a speed profile, and an elevation profile presented as graphs for the trip duration.
• OttoHeartbeat real-time location tracking that sends a location to a secure website, where your family and friends can keep track of your whereabouts (10 trip positions maintained) if you send them the website URL.
The benefits include:
• Increased driver awareness, providing greater focus and relaxation.
• Assistance for inexperienced and novice drivers, improving their driving habits.
• Assistance for drivers in unfamiliar cities.
• Trip tracking and mileage expense reporting.
• Potential savings from speeding violations and red light camera infractions.
Ottomobile will assist you in driving safer and smarter by reminding you when you exceed the speed limit and by alerting you to potentially hazardous areas. If you are not in an Ottomap coverage area that contains the road network information, you can still use the app for navigating the roads, collecting trip statistics for mileage, duration and idling, and send your location to your family and friends if you allow them to keep track of where you are.
Attach your smartphone with an appropriate mount near your dashboard, launch the Ottomobile application, and experience a new sense of driving confidence.
With your Ottomobile app operational, you can continue to use your phone safely by taking calls via Bluetooth or by speakerphone or you can continue playing music from your iPhone, knowing that your driving companion is there to assist you!
Your purchase of Ottomobile Pro includes one free coverage map that contains the road network informaiton. Other maps can be downloaded from the "My Maps" section within the app as an in-app purchase. We have coverage maps for the following cities:
• Brandon, MB
• Calgary and Airdrie, AB
• Edmonton and St. Albert, AB
• Hamilton, ON
• Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
• Kingston, ON
• Lethbridge, AB
• Medicine Hat and Redcliff, AB
• Markham, Scarborough, and Pickering, ON
• Mississauga and parts of Brampton, ON
• Montreal, QC
• Moose Jaw, SK
• Oakville, Burlington and parts of Milton, ON
• Ottawa, ON
• Oshawa, ON
• Red Deer, AB
• Regina, SK
• Rural Manitoba, MB
• Saskatoon, SK
• Thunder Bay, ON
• Toronto and parts of Vaughan, ON
• Greater Vancouver, BC
• Victoria, BC
• Winnipeg, MB
• Grand Forks, ND and East Grand Forks, ND
• Kalamazoo, MI
• Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Los Altos, Mountain View, and part of Sunnyvale, CA
• Manassas, VA, Arlington VA, Fairfax VA, Fairfax Station VA, Springfield VA, and Chantilly VA (Coming soon)
• Washington, D.C.
Melbourne (Greater area including Mill Park, Mooroolbark, Portarlington, Roxburgh Park).
More maps are always in development! For more information please visit www.myottomobile.com.
OttoMobile Pro can run in the background on compatible devices running iOS 10+. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. However, OttoMobile Pro can automatically detect when it's no longer in use and turn off the GPS to conserve battery life.
Update to volume control - added a "low" volume setting; updated product URL; updated default home map selection.
Ratings and Reviews
I have tried a number of alert and logging apps and this is so far the best one! It is really easy to use and great when you are travelling and don't know the roads well. Love this app!!!
Extremely Functional in Edmonton Area!!
I love this app!! The map coverage and accuracy in Edmonton and area (including most of Sherwood Park) is fantastic. It always alerts me to photo-radar covered intersections (whether the camera is facing in the direction I'm going or not- which I love), even intersections that I know have recently had a camera added. It accurately identifies cross-walks, playgrounds, school zones, etc. The only shortcoming I've seen in it is that in residential areas it always lists the speed limit as 50, even if it's posted below that- but that's not a huge deal. I had an issue with my home map not being recognized when I signed into heartbeat with the account I created when I was testing out the Lite version, but customer support was very prompt and professional in helping me get it resolved and now everything is fixed. The only way this app could be better is if you could report speed traps and/or red light camera moves from within the app. It's freaking fantastic.
Not that accurate
I tried this out in Calgary and found it gave late warnings. For example, it would sound after you had passed a school zone. It also missed a lot of red light/speed light camera locations. Having said that it was accurate 80% of the time.
Speed warnings for roads and highways were very accurate and the data logging worked well.
1 Provide the ability to add/amend red light camera info.
2 Better use of logged trip data. For example provide a monthly travel report showing fuel cost data.
- Persen Technologies Inc.
- 22.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © PERSENTECH Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Rural Manitoba (One Year) $1.39
- Winnipeg (One Year) $3.99
- Calgary (One Year) $5.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.