By Therapy by Design
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you suffer from panic attacks or generalized anxiety? If so, then Panic Control is the app for you.
Panic Control is the first App developed specifically to help people who suffer from panic attacks in the moments before, during and after an episode. With one click the user can go to any of the smart toolkit helpers to navigate through the onset of panic and quickly regain control. Use Panic Control’s “To know”, “To do”, “To see” and “To hear” tools to help get instant relief from the wave of overwhelming physical sensations such as shortness of breath, tremors, dizziness, and chest discomfort. With Panic Control’s array of audio, visual and text cues you can learn to calm yourself and master your anxiety.
Panic Control is the result of collaboration between a clinical psychiatrist with over twenty years of experience in treating anxiety disorders and a successful visual designer who knows the debilitating effects of panic attacks first hand. With this combination of skill sets, Panic Control provides the benefit of medical expertise, user-friendly design and practical tools known to provide immediate relief.
Panic Control delivers an essential toolkit designed to quickly and privately prevent your anxiety from escalating.
With Panic Control YOU take back control.
· “To know” button: Written reminders of important facts and coping strategies you forget when in the midst of a panic attack.
· “To do” button: Practical actions you can take in the moment to feel better
· “ To see” button: Relaxing images and inspiring mantras to provoke a calmer perspective
· “To hear” button: Sounds, mantras and music that help dissipate anxiety and take you to a more calming place
· “Lifestyle” button: Recommendations for managing, reducing and hopefully eliminating your panic attack
· “Notes” button: Record what’s wrong in the moment and save this info to your Panic Control Journal
· “Journal” button: An easy way to record dates, times and specifics of episodes to give you and/or your therapist greater insight into possible triggers. Use the List key to click on one event at a time to review notes
· “Camera” button: Customize your app by adding your own soothing pictures.
Reviews and Quotes
“This straight-forward, easy to use application has taken the mystery out of the acute treatment of anxiety and panic. The only original treatment I’ve seen in years that helps provide immediate relief for panic…puts the power of a professional right in your pocket.”
Richard M. Patel, M.D.
Psychiatric Emergency Services, San Francisco General Hospital
“Finally a drug free approach to help me navigate through my panic attacks.”
Ashley B., panic attack sufferer
“I don’t suffer from panic attacks but I have an extremely stressful job and have found this app to be a constant companion in the office. I use it to de-stress before important presentations. It is extremely useful to anyone facing a stressful situation…everyone should have it.”
Cathy R., Business Owner
“Panic Control allows users quick and easy access to cognitive-behavioral techniques such as diaphragmatic breathing, replacing catastrophic thoughts with rational self-statements and the ability to redirect one’s focus through music, calming sounds or imagery.”
Vanessa Kelley, Psy.D Clinical Psychologist
This application provides individuals with panic attacks ways to control and often alleviate their anxiety in the moment. It is not a replacement for psychotherapy or attention by a medical professional.
Great concept but...
The mantras, sounds & such are limited and you are unable to add your own. Also the calming pictures that you can add can only be ones that you take and not ones that you have already taken. IMO until you can edit & add your own music, sounds, existing photos, mantras and such, this apps only real use is journaling, but there are much better apps and cheaper if your looking to journal your feelings or thoughts.