Lose Yourself Without Getting Lost.
This handy application presents you several self-guided walks featuring the best of the city, from world famous attractions to hidden gems. There simply is no better way to see a city on foot, at your own pace and at a cost that is only a fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided tour.
This app comes with a detailed and fully functional city map to help you explore the city and locate the sights of interest. City map functions included in this app are: street name and business (restaurants, cafes, etc.), search, location bookmarking, `Findme` (iPhone and iPad 3/4G model), movement tracking (iPhone and iPad 3/4G model), and more. You can track your steps, take photos along the way, and then share your tracks and photos with friends.
Sightseeing walks included in this application are:
* Walk Through Montmartre (12 sights)
* Panthéon (5th Arr) Walk (12 sights)
* Hôtel-de-Ville Walk (10 sights)
* Religious Sights of Paris (7 sights)
* The Da Vinci Code Walk (6 sights)
* French Revolution Landmarks (7 sights)
* Élysée (8th Arr) Walk, 2 (7 sights)
* Bourse - Opera Attractions (8 sights)
* Louvre (1st Arr) Walk, 1 (15 sights)
* Luxembourg (6th Arr) Walk (11 sights)
* Louvre (1st Arr) Walk, 2 (10 sights)
* Élysée (8th Arr) Walk, 1 (6 sights)
* Palais-Bourbon Walk (9 sights)
* Le Marais Walk (10 sights)
* Opera-Élysées Souvenir Shop (11 sights)
* Champs-Élysées Nightlife (5 sights)
* City Center Nightlife (7 sights)
* Top Paris Museums (6 sights)
Discovery walks included in this application are:
* Champs-Elysées Shopping
* Les Halles Walking Tour
* Latin Quarter Walking Tour
* Parisian Mood Walking Tour
* 1st and 2nd Arr. Hidden Passages Walking Tour
* Canal Saint-Martin Walking Tour
* Montparnasse Walking Tour
* Belleville Walking Tour
* Antiques Hunting in Village Saint Paul
* Carré Rive Gauche Antiques Hunting
No Data Plan or Internet is Needed, and No Roaming either. All the data used in this app is built into the software, so there is no need for internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
All the navigation features related to the city walks are disabled in this Lite version, which means that you can view the walk details (sight descriptions and photos), but NO navigation assistance is provided to guide you from one sight to the next. Download the Lite version if you want to use the city map or learn about the city walks. However, if you want to join the walks, it is highly recommended that you download a Full Version of this app. The Full Version includes detailed walk route maps to guide you from one sight to the next.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app gives you the option to turn off the GPS tracking in the background to prolong the battery life.
- User interface and stability enhancements.
- Added tutorial videos.
Ratings and Reviews
Is it plagiarism if it all comes from Wikipedia?
I'm only on the second entry and both have been lifted verbatim from Wikipedia.
That map is decent and the blurb for each destination is a nice little intro. I would have liked to be able to just look up a sight by list if I came across something I wanted to know more about.
- GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
- 160.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2010 GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.