Parks Canada Heritage Gourmet
By Parks Canada / Parcs Canada
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note: a 10-15MB content download will be required the first time the application starts.
Bring Canada's national historic sites and the best of Canadian heritage cooking into your home with the Parks Canada Heritage Gourmet food app. Embark on a culinary journey through Canada’s rich history and across Canada’s vast territory by trying out the recipes – which have been updated for modern cooks - and reading the stories in this app.
Aussi disponible en français.
* Choose from over 70 recipes, each with a stunning photograph of the finished dish.
* Browse recipes from the 18th century to today, representing all of Canada's regions.
* Enjoy traditional recipes that have been chef-tested and modified for today's cooks, with both imperial and metric measures.
* Search or browse by ingredient, course, menu, period or region.
* The app is self-contained - no internet connection is required after the initial download and periodic updates.
Save recipes to your personal recipe collection.
* Add ingredients to your Shopping List to bring with you to the grocery store.
* Email recipes to friends and family.
* Cook traditional favourites like Acadan Bouilli, West Coast Finnan Haddie and Newfoundland’s Jiggs Dinner.
* Enjoy national historic site tried-and-true favourites like the Fortress of Louisbourg’s French Soldier's Bread, Woodside’s Marmalade or Lower Fort Garry's famous Corn Bread
* Try out recipes like Bannock, Luski and Sourdough Flapjacks that were originally cooked over an outdoor fire.
* Cook an entire meal using one of the menus.
* Learn a story about each recipe - tell your dinner guests or family which notable Canadian enjoyed a particular dish, how a dish got its name or which 18th century cookbook a recipe first came from.
* Watch a behind-the-scenes video of the chefs and photographers at work.
* See a video of chefs creating an 18th century dessert using today's ingredients.
* Find out about the national historic site of Canada that submitted the recipe and start to plan your next culinary adventure.
What's New in Version 2.5
* iOS 7 compatibility
* Fixes crash seen by some iOS 7 users on app startup
This app is incredible, I can't believe I just found out about it now! Highly informative, easy to navigate, loads of great recipes, clean design - now I might have some answers when friends ask "What is Canadian cuisine like?" I haven't had any issues with it crashing.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Oct 22, 2013
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 28.1 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Parks Canada/Parcs Canada
- © 2013 Parks Canada
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.