Parks Canada’s Learn to Camp is the ideal app for first-time campers who want to plan a trip to Canada’s national parks. It is packed with the information you need to make your first camping trip a success: camping basics and insider’s tips, packing checklists, national park information and recipes and cooking advice. This app is the perfect companion to the annual Learn to Camp events that take place at national parks and national historic sites across Canada.
* Find the ideal place to camp with the new interactive park finder.
* Photos, videos and information about the basics of camping: how to plan your trip, how to set up your campsite, how to make a campfire, meal planning, camping with children and more!
* Photos and information for all of Canada’s 42 national parks including top experiences, animals you might see, activities you can do and how to get there
* An interactive camping checklist to help you keep track of what you need, what you have and what you’ve packed
* Recipes for simple and tasty breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks that you can cook at your campsite
* Insiders’ Tips from experienced campers and the people who work at each national park
* And lots more!
* Aussi offert en français.
Ratings and Reviews
Dommage ferme sans arrêt
Je croyais avoir trouvé l’application parfaite pour faire une checklist de camping mais l’appli ferme sans arrêt avec mon iPhone X
Download this. But avoid 1 tip
This is a great "Camping for Dummies" type app. However please avoid one tip in the meal planning section.
Parks Canada says to wedge your food containers under your picnic table if your car is too far. I would not do that. You're inviting wildlife to your campsite...and yes, that includes bears.
I think they should also add that you shouldn't sleep in the clothes you cook with. Just another scent issue.
Only Two BC Parks?
When you search for parks it has a hilariously small amount in the database. This app shouldn't have been released without having every park included in it lol. That's kind of the whole point isn't it?
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.