Perch - Always On Video Portal
By Perch Communications Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Perch is designed from the ground-up to be always-available to virtually connect office spaces and facilitate natural, unscheduled face-to-face communication among teams - regardless of physical location or time zone. Perch has a bunch of smart, polite features built-in to the software that emulate what it is like to work in the same office environment. Once connected, companies using Perch say that it has reduced their weekly conference calls, need for meetings and made them feel more in sync as a team.
Perch is super simple to set-up and works best on a dedicated iPad. Once installed, you can:
• Mount a Perch iPad on a wall in your offices to create an always-on video portal between spaces. A portal is like a virtual window into another office, room, or floor that enables you to see people in different locations, wave hello, and enjoy spontaneous conversations throughout the day.
• Even when you are not in a live connection, you can still see online portals and ambient activity in each location. Simply tap once on a portal to instantly communicate with your team members or pop-in to the office. No need to dial a number or schedule a call.
• Invite anyone to connect face-to-face using the Perch ShareLink. The Perch ShareLink is a unique URL that let’s anyone request access to your Portal via the web. Once a user clicks your ShareLink, you will receive a live request to connect on your Portal that you can accept or ignore. If you accept the request, you will instantly be connected live.
• On your iPhone - Download Perch on your iPhone and pop-in to company portals while traveling or on-the-go!
• Perch is easy to set-up. Anyone can download the app, create a portal and connect with others in a matter of minutes.
• Perch is smart. Perch understands patterns and preferences to intelligently connect spaces together. It’s automated ambience.
• Perch understands social cues. Otherwise muted, It recognizes your intent to speak and automatically activates the microphone, preventing conversations from inadvertently being overheard.
• Perch is polite. Perch always uses two-way video to ensure transparent communication between you and your co-workers. If you can see them, they can see you. In addition, Perch does not record video like a security system does so, you can trust your conversations are private.
• Perch is secure. You need to add and verify your work email address to discover and instantly connect with portals in your company network. But you can invite people to be a member of your organization or have a Perch account to connect with you on Perch. ShareLink’s can only be accessed via a WebRTC supported browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox.
*Note: Perch for iPhone requires iPhone 4s or higher, Perch for iPad requires iPad 2 or higher.
What's New in Version 4.3.0
*User to User Connections*
You asked and we delivered! You can now connect face-to-face with co-workers on Perch for iPhone.
Simply open the Perch app and dock your iPhone at your desk to let your team know you are available.
Update your photo throughout the day to let your co-workers know what you are up to!
- Fixed a bug that would prevent connections from connecting.
- Fixed a bug that prevented domains with TLDs longer than 4 characters from registering.
- Improved reliability for Sharelink connections.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: May 08, 2015
- Version: 4.3.0
- Size: 35.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Perch Communications Inc.
- © 2015 Perch Communications Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.