An era-defining RPG. SEGA’s landmark sci-fi epic comes to mobile. Play for free and experience one of the most acclaimed games of its generation.
Team up with an unlikely ensemble of characters to thwart evil spreading across the once-peaceful Algo Star System. Combat mutants and robots, collect a plethora of equipment, and unravel the mystery behind one of the greatest RPGs of all time.
Phantasy Star II joins the SEGA Forever classic games collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- An epic campaign lasting over 30 hours
- Classic 16-bit turn-based combat
- Battle against the mutants, robots, and other fierce creatures of Mota, Dezo, and Palm
- All manner of weapons to get to grips with, including laser swords, pulse cannons, and fire staves
- Eight playable characters, each with their own unique traits and skills
SEGA FOREVER FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- SAVE YOUR GAME PROGRESS AT ANYTIME
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT: MFi compatible controllers
- OFFLINE PLAY
- GAMES RELEASED EVERY MONTH - download them all!
- INCLUDES iOS 10 STICKER PACKS
- "An excellent game that will have you hooked from the first minute to the last - which will be weeks, if not months away." [94%] - SEGA Power #15 (February 1991)
- "A challenging quest packed with gameplay." [90%] - Paul Rigby, Raze Magazine #6 (April 1991)
- "If RPGs are your bag, you couldn't do better." [89%] - Zero #17 (March 1991)
- "There are few Mega Drive titles that can compete with Phantasy Star II in the lasting appeal department." [887/1000] - Eugene Lacey, ACE #37 (October 1990)
- "This is the game that set the standard that all further Mega Drive RPGs had to follow." [88%] - MEGA Gold Summer Special (1993)
- "It's big, it's lovely; it's varied, it's magic. It's Phantasy Star II." [88%] - MEGA #18 (March 1994)
- A remake of the game was made for the PlayStation 2 in Japan, titled Phantasy Star Generation: 2
- Eight Phantasy Star II text adventures were broadcasted to players with a SEGA Meganet subscription in Japan
- The game shipped with a 110-page guide book and map in the US and UK to help guide players through
CLASSIC GAME FACTS
- Originally released in Japan in 1989, with US and European releases following in 1990 and 1991
- The first game to use a 16 Megabit cartridge
- The first 16-bit RPG released in the West
- Programmed by Yuji Naka, creator of Sonic the Hedgehog
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information).
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, Phantasy Star II, SEGA Forever, and the SEGA Forever logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
Epic new update out now!
- REWIND - turn back time to give yourself the edge
- HAPTIC SUPPORT – get into the game with responsive button presses
- GRAPHICS - new filters that allow you to view the action your way
- CONTROL CUSTOMIZATION - take full control with re-mappable buttons
Ratings and Reviews
Much like all the sega titles....
Much like the majority of sega iOS games, the controls are way to finicky, the buttons are too close together to really work properly. Sega has a long way to go to bring these titles to life in a useable way. Which is too bad, as these are beloved games from my childhood.
Stuttering gameplay and sound
Are the emulation issues ever going to be fixed?
As of version 3.1.2 there is still stuttering
Is there anyway to sign up as a beta tester? It seems this development team needs one
Hi there, we shall be updating the emulator which will fixed the FPS very soon, please keep an eye out on the app store for an update.
Saves don’t work
Saving doesn’t work
- Sega America
- 134.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and PHANTASY STAR II are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Upgrade $2.79
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.