By FoxWare Can Tho
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note: support site being relocated. Please use developer contact for support questions.
Retina-ready, tested on iPad 3 and iPhone 4S.
Planning a vacation? Want to check out your old neighborhood? Curious about exotic places? Photo World lets you search, view and save geo-tagged photos from online public archives. Select a location, fetch photo descriptions, preview thumbnail images, watch slide shows, bookmark favorite locations. Filter searches by date and keywords. There are billions of photographs available and most taken by tourists. Be a virtual tourist ... whether sitting up in bed, taking a break at work, or on a train previewing what lies ahead on the tracks.
Revisit a bookmarked location and choose between seeing all photos on the map, or seeing only the ones added since your last visit. Narrow your search to see only photos tagged with the keywords of your choice: churches, bridges, birds, locomotives, zoos, temples, floating markets, statues ...
Save photos to your device with their locations preserved, for viewing in the Photo Albums offline, or emailing to friends. Watch animated slide shows. Sort photos by those closest to your current location or by date snapped, newest first or oldest first.
Photo World adheres to iPad conventions so you'll be using it at once:
(1) choose a location on the map, or use one-button zoom in to your current location, or zoom out to the entire globe
(2) press the Fetch button, showing the number of photographs that will appear for the current map (maximum 1500 on iPad, 300 on iPhone/iTouch). The map remains uncluttered and readable, locations of photos marked by pins
(3) choose a red pin to get the title of a single photo, or a purple pin to see many photos taken from the same spot
(4) Press the disclosure button on the title balloon to view your choice, or choose the Previews button to look at thumbnails of every photo on the page.
(5) from the single-photo page, swipe to advance to next or previous photos, or run an animated slide show.
(6) view photo details: exact latitude and longitude, location name, keywords
Download times are hidden by continuous background processing, photos are ready to view as soon as you make a choice.
Configurable to your preferences, no accounts or logins, fun to use, nothing to learn except how cool the world can be. As compelling as some games. It's a big world!
What's New in Version 1.0.1
* fixed crash on first run in some international locales
* fixed occasional crash on returning running app to foreground
* added quick-bookmarks to 100 most popular photo upload locations
* improved photo-selection on map page, now like iPhone Photo Albums Places idiom
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jun 01, 2012
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 4.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chris Fox
- © Fox-Ware
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.