Did you know that you are carrying a 3D magnetometer? That you can use your phone as a pendulum to measure earth's local gravitational acceleration? That you can turn your phone into a sonar?
phyphox gives you access to the sensors of your phone either directly or through ready-to-play experiments which analyze your data and let you export raw data along with the results for further analysis. You can even define your own experiments on phyphox.org and share them with colleagues, students and friends.
- A selection of pre-defined experiments. Just press play to start.
- Export your data to a range of widely used formats
- Remote-control your experiment through a web interface from any PC on the same network as your phone. No need to install anything on those PCs - all you need is a modern web browser.
- Define your own experiments by selecting sensor inputs, defining analysis steps and creating views as an interface using our web-editor (http://phyphox.org/editor). The analysis can consists of just adding two values or using advanced methods like Fourier transforms and crosscorrelation. We offer a whole toolbox of analysis functions.
*some sensors are not present on every phone.
- CSV (Comma separated values)
- TSV (Tab-separated values)
(if you need other formats, please let us know)
This app has been developed at the 2nd Institute of Physics A at the RWTH Aachen University.
Ratings and Reviews
Really cool physics experiment!
This is a really cool apps to experiment some physics. Some experiment also have video support.
- RWTH Aachen University
- 23 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 RWTH Aachen University
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.