Everyone loves to tell fun, engaging, and imaginative stories. Go ahead and make a social story or visual schedule for a child with autism or a slide show of holiday pictures for your friends - Pictello makes it a breeze to create and share! Whether you use the included natural-sounding Text to Speech voices, or record your own voice, Pictello is the perfect tool for visual storytelling.
Each page in a Pictello story consists of a photo or video and some text, which can be read aloud by a Text to Speech voice or your own recorded audio.
Develop literacy skills
- Support reading with word-by-word text highlighting
- Develop writing and spelling with built-in word prediction and Speak as You Type
- Create stories to teach academic and social skills
- Import free early literacy and adapted academic books from Tar Heel Reader
Create and playback with ease
- Let students use the wizard to create stories
- Play stories page by page or as a slideshow
- Use Text to Speech voices to read the story
- Turn on switch access for story playback
- Add your own photos
- Include short video clips
- Record your own voice or sound
Share your stories
- Share with other Pictello users through our free sharing server
- Use Dropbox to exchange stories
- Export to PDF or print to share with non-Pictello users
Speak your language
- Pick English, Spanish, German, French, Italian or Dutch for the user interface
- Select from over 110 free Text to Speech voices in 29 languages
- Use genuine American, British, Australian, American-Spanish, Swedish, French, Italian, German, Norwegian and Swedish children's voices
- Create interest with fun character and specialty voices
Customize to fit your needs
- Pick between Wizard or Expert creation modes
- Swipe or automatically turn pages
- Adjust speech rate and pronunciations
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/products/pictello
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education.
Version 3.6 introduces compatibility for iPad Pro 11”, iPad Pro 12.9”(3rd generation), iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR. This version also includes bug fixes.
Thanks for using our app!
Ratings and Reviews
fun and easy to use app.
The app allowed my daughter to participate more fully in her kindergarten class. The app is easy to use. I was able to set up short stories in minutes which enables her friends to get to know her better which is hard when your non verbal. The first story we prepared was from her 6th birthday party she can't wait to share more.
Love the app. Very user friendly however for the amount of money it costs, you should be able to email with audio. Only disappointing thing about this app
this app is great. however useless if you cant go back to add to stories and edit them. no kids have attention to add pages and finish a whole story. i was hoping to use this as a log of our trip to florida as our first time using this app. we took two pictures and then sat down to start our story. its great to engage the child, practise typing skills. etc. but i never realized you couldnt ADD to it!!
am i doing something incorrect? if not, then essentially this app is not worth the money.
- AssistiveWare B.V.
- 851.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.