By Playster Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Meet Playster: The world’s first all-in-one entertainment service, offering unlimited streaming of ebooks, audiobooks, music, movies and TV shows. Playster brings millions of premium titles together in one easy-to-use app.
From the Big Five publishers (HarperCollins, Hachette Book Group, Macmillan Publishers, Penguin Random House and Simon and Schuster) to Warner Music Group, Sony Music Entertainment, The Orchard, Paramount, Starz and more, Playster houses entertainment in all its forms from the world’s biggest publishers, labels and movie studios, as well as from the best indie talent.
You can now enjoy unlimited streaming of timeless classics and New York Times Best Sellers alike from the Netflix of Books -- no credits and no restrictions. What’s more, switching between media types has never been easier because it’s all housed in one app. Listen to an expertly curated playlist, pull up a movie soundtrack, choose the perfect audible story or watch an educational documentary at the click of a button. And with hundreds of new titles added every week, Playster’s diverse digital catalog just keeps growing.
• Stream unlimited books, audiobooks, music, movies and TV shows.
• Your first 30 days are FREE!
• Switch seamlessly between media types without ever having to leave the app. That’s right: All it takes is the click of a button.
• Enjoy countless New York Times Best Sellers, like The Girl on the Train, Fifty Shades of Grey, Hamilton, Inferno, It, The Light Between Oceans, The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo and more.
• Choose from a wide range of genres, including: Young Adult, Romance, Mystery, Thriller, Business, Cooking, Health & Fitness, Religion, Kids, Science Fiction.
• Download books, audiobooks and music for offline streaming.
• Discover new favorites with unique mood-based sorting, which offers cross-media recommendations for every mood and occasion.
• Stream hundreds of expertly curated playlists. Or create your own ultimate playlist, which you can then share with friends on social media via Facebook and Twitter.
• Learn a new language, including French, Spanish, Italian and Chinese, with educational audiobooks.
• Access unabridged Bibles in multiple languages, including English, Spanish and French, in both eBooks and audiobook formats.
• Opt for the Family Plan and let children enjoy kid-friendly ebooks, audiobooks, music, movies and TV shows.
• Create up to three separate user accounts per membership without having to worry about someone else’s recommendations affecting yours.
• Compatible with Android and Apple smartphones and tablets, PCs and Mac computers.
• Playster Premium All - unlimited digital access anytime, anywhere, on any device for $32.99 per month. Cancel anytime. (Price shown is in U.S. dollars. Other restrictions apply)
Your subscription will automatically renewed each month, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Enjoy all these perks and more by downloading the Playster app and starting your FREE 30-day trial today!
Learn More About Playster:
Connect With Playster:
What's New in Version 3.1.1
We've squashed many bugs and made improvements to the Playster book reader.
Great app for audiobooks
Poor quality app
A little more stable, but always getting authentication errors that can only be solved by deleting and reinstalling the app.
Also need to "get" the content over and over again instead of having it already downloaded.
Update with the latest version library:
Still no improvement in the amount of crashes. Simply resizing the font is enough to crash the app.
Reading lists are still hard to manage and still have not found any method to remove a title from a reading list once added. Have to delete the whole list.
And they still have not reinstated all the titles that were lost months ago.
Review of previous release:
Can't say as I see any speed improvements or bug fixes. Still stuck with books with barely legible font that cannot be increased in size. Some titles take upwards of 30 seconds to load, and given the amount of times you get kicked back to the welcome screen, it is noticeable.
Still no night mode support.
And just recently I lost access to a significant amount of book content. According to support it was a temporary thing while they renegotiated contracts with the publisher, but after two months, I'm giving up hope of ever seeing that content again.
Pretty soon I'll have exhausted the small set of books left that are worth reading and it'll be time to cancel and move on.
Review of previous release:
While the Playster library is impressive, the app leaves a lot to be desired. Frequent crashes, infinite blank pages, nearly illegible fonts that cannot be resized in some books, and no quick way to get back to a book being read cause me to rate this app poorly.
After using the web interface for a while, I also find lack of night mode reading to be a significant oversight.
For the cost of the service, I certainly expect better quality than this from the app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 12, 2016
- Version: 3.1.1
- Size: 93.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Playster Group Ltd
- © Playster Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Content$44.99