By Plex Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Plex organizes all of your personal media, wherever you keep it, so you can enjoy it on any device. With Plex, you can easily stream your videos, music, photos and home movies to your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch from your home computer running Plex Media Server (available for free at http://plex.tv).
- Plex makes your media beautiful with rich descriptions, artwork, and other related information.
- Plex automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
- Easily share your media with friends and family.
- Browse, fling and control your media on any Plex-enabled device.
- Sync media to your phone or tablet for offline viewing (requires a premium Plex Pass subscription)
- Sync media to your favorite cloud provider including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box, so you can stream media even when your server is offline (requires a premium Plex Pass subscription)
- Access a wide range of online channels such as TED, Revision3, and TWiT.
- Queue online videos from sites like Vimeo and YouTube and watch them later on any device.
With Plex, your media universe is constantly expanding. Getting up and running is easy, so start now!
NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE A PLEX MEDIA SERVER (AVAILABLE FOR FREE AT http://plex.tv/downloads/) INSTALLED AND RUNNING TO STREAM LOCAL MEDIA. VERSION 0.9.8.14 OR HIGHER IS REQUIRED. DRM-protected content (such as video from the iTunes store), ISO disc images, and VIDEO_TS folders are not supported.
What's New in Version 3.4.2
FIXED: Potential crash when performing a search within a section.
FIXED: Bug where certain searches would return incorrect results.
FIXED: Crash on startup for some users.
FIXED: "Unable to Cast" error when playing synced content on ChromeCast.
FIXED: Bug where watched states would sometimes be reported incorrectly.
FIXED: Crash that some users experienced after synching content.
FIXED: Playback of iTunes videos would occasionally fail.
FIXED: A few other minor issues.
Great App for Plex Users!
Works perfectly on iPhone and iPad. Does everything it says it does with that Plex finish we know and love. Must have if you own an Apple TV as this is the only official way to get your Plex content on an Apple TV. This app works better with AirPlay then pretty much every broadcaster app out there. Yes, I'm talking to you and CBC app developers... shame on you!
Makes appleTV useful
All media types
I like it but crashes constantly
I really like the application and what it provides, but the latest version crashes after every episode played. It does this when streaming to either Apple TV or Chromecast.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 09, 2014
- Version: 3.4.2
- Size: 13.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Seller: Plex Inc.
- © 2013 Plex, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.