Now available on iPhone AND iPad!
Pocket MUD Pro is the fastest and most feature-rich MUD client on the iPhone! Not only does it beautifully render MUD text with full ANSI color support, it also has all of the features of a full blown desktop MUD client.
Here are just some of the major features included with Pocket MUD Pro.
- Support for all orientations
- Full ANSI color support
- Dedicated prompt
- Zoomable Text View
- Perfect rendering of MUD text (check out the maps)
- Very fast
- Hides Telnet codes from the user (unlike every other MUD client)
- Autoconnect on startup
- List of MUDS
- Favorite List
- Unlimited Command history
- Quickly cycle through command history
- Triggers using the lua scripting language
- Text Command Alias
- Lua scripted aliases
- Timer Support
- Background support. Stay connected for up to 10 minutes after you close the application.
- Support for multiple commands separated by semicolons
- Comes packed with a list of some of the most popular muds
- In-App Documentation of triggers and aliases
- Ability to play sounds when triggers fire
- Ability to gag extraneous text, which is extremely helpful for visually impaired players.
- Customizable buttons to send commands or run lua code
- Dedicated send button preventing the keyboard from dismissing
- Client-Side Text wrapping
- Customizable health/mana/etc bars
Full documentation can be found at http://brandontreb.com/apps/pocket-mud-pro/pocketmud-docs.html
If you have issues with a specific MUD, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can work towards a solution.
UI optimization for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plust
Ratings and Reviews
this app deserves more stars
but unfortunately, with all the sophisticated selling points like lua scripting is falls short in one key feature that I'm sure everyone who is a major mudder like myself will appreciate is the ability to write triggers and aliases on the fly... in-game. after paying the 4 dollars to realize I downgraded mud clients for iOS was disappointing because it held so much promise. think about what i have said before you buy it.
The app is great on the iPhone but unfortunately doesn't work properly on the iPad for me. Any MUDs that manually add aren't connectable, it drops me onto a gray screen with nothing else. Connecting to MUDs currently listed in the app seems to work fine. On the iPhone version this bug isn't there. Otherwise a fantastic app.
There isn't any real options to turn off the echo of your own commands, there doesn't seem to be any multi-world modes so you can't connect to more than one world at a time. Also for some reason it comes up with a gigantic list of worlds that you probably aren't interested in so I don't see why it has that, either.
All in all, a waste of money.
- Brandon Trebitowski
- 4.7 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Brandon Trebitowski
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.