PocketCAS is the most advanced mathematics application for iPhone and iPad. It can help you with any kind of math problem, from elementary school all the way up to calculus, algebra and statistics. It can replace your old graphing calculator, help you with your homework, and assist you in any kind of calculation for university or work.
This app is an indispensable tool for every student, teacher and engineer. It makes college-level calculus and algebra easy and can help you in a wide range of cases. It provides features comparable with a TI-89 calculator and combines them with a modern, intuitive interface and incredible graphics capabilities.
- 2D Plots: Quickly create 2D cartesian, implicit, polar or parametric plots.
- 3D Plots: PocketCAS draws stunning 3D plots! Supports x-y cartesian plots, parametric area plots and parametric line plots.
- Animated plots: Use the variable 'anim' to animate any plot over time.
- Calculus: Calculate limits, derivatives, integrals and taylor expansions.
- Linear Algebra: Invert and multiply matrices or calculate determinants, eigenvalues and much more!
- Algebra: Perform integer and polynomial factorization and division, use permutations, and more.
- Solving: PocketCAS will solve almost any equation for you. It even supports systems of linear equations and ordinary differential equations!
- Scripting: PocketCAS' C-style scripting language allows you to define custom functions, use conditional expressions, loops and also supports recursion.
- Physical Units: Constants and units are provided out of the box. Simply enter physical formulas with the corresponding units and convert results to the units you prefer.
- iCloud support: Sync documents between your Mac, iPhone and iPad!
- Export: Print or export plots, entries or the whole document as PDF!
- Document Import: Load functions and variables from existing documents to re-use your work in other calculations.
- CSV Import: Load tabular data in CSV format and process it!
- Mathematical keyboard: PocketCAS' mathematical keyboard is unmatched on the App Store.
- Help: All functions are explained in the built-in reference. If you're stuck, there's plenty of tutorials as well as a manual (https://pocketcas.com/manual) to get you going. And you can always contact our support (https://pocketcas.com/support) for help!
- Offline computation: PocketCAS doesn't need an internet connection to calculate results.
"This program has an incredible amount of power for such a compact program. I teach high school math, and this program can work with all sorts of expressions, graphs, and help check my work. Definitely worth it!"
"You will love this calculator. It's powerful to calculate everything, doesn't matter you're a high school student or college student. Specially for the people who like to solve problems with graphs!"
"This app is so powerful and slick looking. It is totally amazing and what it can do."
"One of three Apps I use when teaching A Level maths. Have recommended to numerous students. Excellent."
"This is one of the best. The CAS capabilities are compatible to only two other apps, and this one is all offline and includes countless additional features. It's never steered me wrong and is the first thing I go to when I'm in a hurry to figure something out. If you're a student this is pretty much as good as it can get."
"I am 8 years old and this App is awesome! It helps you learn calculus quickly. It's a work of art!"
New Feature: Added support for new iPad screen resolutions.
Improvement: Reverted the "blue" graph color on Mac back to its previous value.
Changes in PocketCAS 3.11:
New Feature (Mac): Added support for Dark Mode on macOS Mojave!
New Feature: You can now use the function domain() to find out the definition domain of a function. Example: domain(log(x-0.5)+asin(x))
Improvement: Improved support for iOS 12.
Improvement: Added support for surfacing PocketCAS documents as Siri suggestions.
Improvement: Added support for new iPhone screen sizes (e.g. for iPhone XS Max).
Improvement: Updated to the latest computation kernel (which includes the domain() function mentioned above).
Improvement: PocketCAS can now automatically detect issues with iCloud document storage and suggests disabling it.
Improvement: Added an _underscore_ option to the keyboard on iOS (press and hold the '.' key to access it).
Improvement (Mac): Disabled smart quotes in the entry editor.
Improvement (Mac): Improved the visuals of 3D line drawing.
Bugfix: Fixed a few minor calculation errors and crashes.
Bugfix (Mac): Better display when scrollbars set to always show.
Ratings and Reviews
Good for many math problems
This app is one I use quite often. It is also one of the least expensive math apps which don’t require an Internet connection.
This should be in every Engineers tool kit
This app is great to have in my tool kit. It lets me take standard calculations with me and make proper engineering decision in the field or at my desk. A must have for every engineer.
Great app, powerful features and simple to use
In addition, very responsive hotline.
If you're looking for a CAS system on your iPad, that's a best!
- Thomas Osthege und Daniel Alm
- 65.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Daniel Alm
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.