Focus Keeper : Work & Study Timer
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Focus Keeper helps you keep your productivity high avoiding burnout using the timer. Work with time. Not against it!
* Featured by Product Hunt
* Check out the review article by Brighthand for more detail: http://j.mp/fkeeper
Here is what this app offers:
• Simple, beautiful and intuitive interface.
• Customize focus sessions, goals, colors and sounds.
• Track your productivity with insightful charts.
• Universal(iPhone/iPad) app with iCloud support.
Basic Focus Steps - It’s all about focusing your work efforts in timed 25-minute chunks, with a 5-minute break in between each burst of activity.
1) Choose a task to be done.
2) Set the timer for 25 minutes.
3) Focus on the task until the timer rings
4) Take a short break (just do something relaxing for 5 minutes)
5) Once you’ve completed 4 focus sessions, take a longer break. (20~30 minutes)
• Adjust the timer with your fingers just like you do with real egg-timer.
• Next session starts automatically when the current session ends.
• Track your progress with two different charts (14 days and 30 days)
• Set your daily goal (number of Focus Sessions per day)
• Set how many Focus Sessions you want to finish before taking a long break(number of Focus per round)
• Customize the length of Focus Session, short break, and long break.
• Choose your ticking from 10 different ticking sounds and your own music library.
• Choose your alarm from 14 different ring sounds.
• Set any sounds separately for the short break, long break, and Focus session.
• Set any colors separately for the short break, long break, and Focus session.
• Receive alarm notifications even when the app is running in the background.
• Today Widget for Focus Sessions
• Icon Badge shows how much time you left to finish the current session in the home screen Focus Keeper icon when the timer is ticking.
• Focus Reminder: If you're struggling to make a habit of using Focus Keeper, this could come in hand. You can set when you want to be notified to use Focus Keeper through weekdays and weekends.
• Option for resetting the Focus Count at midnight automatically. Now you can set your own reset time.
• Set different volume sounds for each ticking and alarm sound.
What's New in Version 1.8.4
- App Name Change
- Bug Fixes
EDIT BELOW THESE PARAGRAPHS!
I bought this app after using the free version for a couple of weeks. The full version is super-nice and really does help me keep track on whatever I need to do (the colour changes help too, since I can just look up and see if it's red=work, blue=free time.)
However, there is one small issue. I've set different sounds for each type of timer, but every time the timer changes (i.e. from a pomodoro to a 5 minute break), the type of sound is still the same as the previous thing. Like it would still be ticking through my break, even though I set break sounds to "cafeteria".
Other than that, great app! Highly recommend this method to anyone who has troubles with time management. I am not back on track as of yet, but this is one of the best strategies I've used to get my life back together.
EDIT 12/05/2016: It would be absolutely lovely to have an icloud sync between my iPad and my iPhone, so the timer would start on either device and keep the same information. This way, I won't lose track of my pomodoros as well as keep myself on schedule more (if it's easier, it'll work better).
I was thinking something like Apple's native notes software, where if you type and create a note on one device it almost immediately appears on all other devices, so that you can see it live type. If applied to this software I think that it would help me out a lot so I don't need to take my iPad with me on my break- I can just have the timer and alarm on my iPhone.
Edit: please fix the timer stopping when receiving a phone call. Thanks
Helps me stay focused. Has really helped me. Change my study habits and procrastinate less nonetheless
Does what it says. Flexible. Gets out of the way.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 08, 2016
- Version: 1.8.4
- Size: 31.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sangwon Kim
- © Limepresso
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.