Powercents (Ontario Edition)
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Simplify energy and save money.
Take control of your electricity bill with Powercents (Ontario Edition) for residential consumers.
1. Know when it’s cheap: The price of energy fluctuates during the day. Get notified when prices change - avoid overpaying!
2. Shift and Save: Change when power is used in your home and see what you'll save. Learn about small changes that make a big difference.
3. Make better decisions: Energy costs are rising. Get the big picture with our helpful tips and resources.
Powercents simplifies the Time-Of-Use billing system and helps you to understand the impact of shifting when energy is used in your home. Energy conservation tips help you to reduce consumption and save money on your hydro bill.
Now that the Province of Ontario uses a Time-Of-Use billing system, the price of electricity fluctuates during the day.
Time-Of-Use prices apply to residential customers with a smart meter across the Province of Ontario and most utilities including:
Algoma Power, Atikokan Hydro, Bluewater Power, Brant County Power, Burlington Hydro, Cambridge and North Dumfries Hydro, Canadian Niagara Power, Centre Wellington Hydro, Chapleau Public Utilities, Chatham-Kent Hydro, Middlesex Power, COLLUS Power, Cooperative Hydro Embrun, E.L.K. Energy, Eastern Ontario Power, Enersource Hydro Mississauga, EnWin Utilities, Erie Thames Powerlines, Espanola Regional Hydro, Essex Powerlines, Festival Hydro, Fort Frances Power, Greater Sudbury Hydro, Grimsby Power, Guelph Hydro Electric, Haldimand County Hydro, Halton Hills Hydro, Hearst Power Distribution, Horizon Utilities, Hydro 2000, Hydro Hawkesbury, Hydro One Brampton, Hydro One Networks, Hydro Ottawa, Innisfil Hydro, Kenora Hydro, Kingston Hydro, Kitchener-Wilmot Hydro, Lakefront Utilities, Lakeland Power, London Hydro, Midland Power, Milton Hydro, Newmarket - Tay Power, Niagara Peninsula Energy, Niagara-on-the-Lake Hydro, Norfolk Power, North Bay Hydro, Northern Ontario Wires, Oakville Hydro, Orangeville Hydro, Orillia Power, Oshawa PUC, Ottawa River Power, Parry Sound Power, Peterborough Distribution, Port Colborne Hydro, PowerStream, PUC Distribution, Renfrew Hydro, Rideau St. Lawrence, Sioux Lookout Hydro, St. Thomas Energy, Thunder Bay Hydro, Tillsonburg Hydro, Toronto Hydro-Electric System, Veridian Connections, Wasaga Distribution, Waterloo North Hydro, Welland Hydro-Electric System, West Coast Huron Energy, Westario Power, Whitby Hydro Electric and Woodstock Hydro.
What's New in Version 1.1.2
New in 1.1.2:
- updated the Time-Of-Use holidays for 2013
New in 1.1.1:
- fixed issue with notification badges
- performance improvements
New in 1.1.0:
Thank you to all of our users for their feedback and suggestions!
- AM and PM alert silencing options
- interactive Time-Of-Use legend
- animated current time indicator (Time-Of-Use tab)
- better graphics (Time-Of-Use tab)
- understanding your bill section on the Insights tab
- Time-Of-Use electricity prices effective Nov. 1, 2012
- optimized for iPhone 5
No Ads, good resource
Alerts are great, good tips, simple to use and helps save money
Found the interface very easy to navigate. I think great design goes a long way.
Useful except for the alerts
Very informative w/power saving tips & time of use charts. The alerts aren't always accurate. ie it's new yrs day & it just alerted me that peak time starts in 22 min!
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Jan 17, 2013
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: EnergyMobile Studios Inc.
- © 2012 EnergyMobile
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.