Procreate – Sketch, paint, create.
By Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Apple Design Award Winner 2013
Procreate is the most powerful and intuitive digital illustration App available for iPad®. It’s packed with features artists love, including 120 incredible brushes, advanced layer blending, 64-bit performance and a uniquely powerful brush engine. Because Procreate is iPad exclusive, it’s been designed to take advantage of every ounce of power the iPad can offer.
Creatives are embracing Procreate for its unique combination of intuitive design, fluid speed and raw power, allowing artists to create exceptional digital art anywhere.
Procreate 2.2 includes:
• Studio-grade features:
- Ultra High Definition 4K Canvas size
- Powered by Silica, the fastest OpenGL painting engine
- 64-bit optimised for iPad Air 2
- 64-bit color
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; utilizes iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Dropbox integration for quick and easy sharing
- Canvases up to 4096 x 4096px (16.7 MP) for iPad 3+
- Canvases up to 4096 x 2616px (10.7 MP) for iPad 2 and iPad mini 1
- International localisation for fifteen languages
• Streamlined interface designed for iOS 8:
- Intuitive interface layout enhances your workflow
- Beautiful gesture controls keep your process efficient
- Keep your artwork organised with simple drag and drop controls
- Delete, duplicate and share with a swipe and a tap
• Groundbreaking drawing tools:
- Palm Support lets you rest your hand without interfering with your canvas
- Packed with 120 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual texture system
- Over 25 customisable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes
- Organise your brushes into your own custom sets
- Import custom brushes and export your own
• New color tools:
- Switch between the colour ring and classic colour picker in Preferences
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Easy threshold adjustments for perfect colour fills
- Reference Layer feature for exact ColorDrop fills without damaging your line work
- Input numerical colour values for exact recreations
- Tap in an empty swatch to save your selected colour
- Drag and drop swatches to easily delete
- Save, rename, duplicate, import and export custom swatch palettes
• Advanced layering system:
- Dynamic layer caps offer as many layers as possible for your iPad hardware and canvas size
- Lock your layer transparency with a single swipe
- Copy and paste layers
- Pinch layers together to merge
- Create, merge, clear, delete and adjust opacity of layers with fluid gestures
- 18 Layer Blend modes for perfect colour compositing
- Distort, perspective & shear
- Non-Uniform & Uniform transformation
- Magnetic smart guide system
• Multi-touch gestures:
- Hybrid selection tool reinvented for touch controls
- Add to, subtract from, invert, copy or transform a selection
- Use the intuitive transform tool to shear, distort and resize selections or layers
- Zoom and rotate the canvas with two fingers
- Use three fingers to hide and show the interface, clear layers, undo or redo, and cut, copy or paste
- Simply tap and hold to invoke the eyedropper and release to select a colour
- Use two fingers to rotate your artwork in the Gallery
• Simple sharing:
- Export artwork from the canvas, or simply swipe to export or select artwork in the Gallery
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Print directly from Procreate with AirPrint
- Export to or import from any cloud service extension with iOS 8 Sharing
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, transparent PNG or JPEG
• GPU accelerated filters:
- Gaussian Blur
- Hue, Saturation, Brightness
- Color Balance
• 1080p video capture:
- Procreate records your every stroke without mess or delay
- Export HD video files to Photos, Mail, Dropbox or iTunes
What's New in Version 2.2
For the last six months we’ve been locked in our lab, applying science to iPads to see what happened. As a result we’ve been able to optimise Procreate to take advantage of the phenomenal power of the iPad Air 2, integrate the flexibility of iOS 8, and finish something we’ve been working on for a long time - Palm Support.
Palm Support is like palm rejection, but better. It’s always on and you can use a regular capacitive stylus or even your finger. You can finally use gestures in tandem with resting your palm on the surface of the iPad screen without the worry of drawing over your canvas. Palm Support is completely transparent and will not interrupt performance or your workflow.
iCloud Drive, AirDrop and AirPrint are now accessible from Procreate through the new iOS 8 Sharing. You can now export to and import from iCloud Drive, as well as any other storage service that provides an iOS 8 extension.
iPad Air 2 runs Procreate brilliantly, and users with an iPad Air 2 will see increased layer caps across all canvas sizes.
Additionally we’ve done a bunch of other things. Here’s some of them:
- Rebuilt some major parts of Procreate to improve stability and memory usage
- Updated all stylus SDKs
- Added eyedropper as a stylus button option
- Added Merge Down to layer options menu
- Improved Palette Library interface
- Improved Brush Settings interface
- Interface tweaks throughout Procreate
- Bug fixes
Simply the best app to draw on the ipad!
This is amazing!!!
This app is amazing, it's so smooth and has really amazing features, it has helped me get better on paper! Want my opinion? It's so worth every penny spent.
I have been using this for my Christmas gifts, and I must say, the painting is done well enough. If you plan on using this, I suggest you become familiar with tutorials of this app first, since nothing at all helped when I guessed what to do for the first time on this app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 17, 2014
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 67.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- © Savage Interactive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.