Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device, built for creative professionals. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 136 incredible brushes, an advanced layer system, and is powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend colour with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimised for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Massive Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9" and 10.5”
- Powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- Stunning 64-bit colour
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimised for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature makes perfect shapes instantly
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Advanced QuickMenu for rapid interface interaction
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 136 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- Over 50 customisable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes and sets
- Import and export custom brushes
• Advanced Layering System:
- Layer your artwork for precise control over individual elements
- Use Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 17 layer blend modes for professional compositing
• Colour Without Compromise:
- 64-bit colour for greater accuracy
- P3 Wide Colour support
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Input RGB or hex values for exact colour matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Colour Balance, Image Curves, HSB, Recolour
• Powerful Drawing Guides:
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
• Groundbreaking Video Features
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s Time-lapse Replay
- Broadcast your process live with your favourite streaming service
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, and palettes between applications
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
We’re back with a few repairs and a coat of polish.
- Fixed a bug with undoing Freehand Selection
- Applying blurs to a selection now works correctly
- Fixed a crash when Undoing Select Layer
- Multitasking gestures now work in Gallery Preview
- Improved interface for Drawing Guides
- Fixed an issue with Comparison Color
- Multitasking gestures now work in Gallery Preview
- UI improvements for Compact Mode and smaller iPads
- Improvements to the sidebar sliders
- The Toggle QuickShape action in QuickMenu has returned
- New options for Assisted Drawing in Gesture Controls
- Fixed an issue with 30 Second Time-lapse export for short videos
Thank you for all your reports, reviews, and feedback
Ratings and Reviews
This super-intuitive app makes it simple to paint your next masterpiece.
Support just blew me off.
Sent support an email saying procreate has become an essential professional tool, and asking if the big upcoming fall release will be disruptive to workflow and storage.
Answer: If you don't like it, don't update.
That's how you lose people, because you won't be the only good option for long.
Great App For All Level Artists
This is a great app, I bought it today and coming from a Wacom tablet, I prefer this. It is easy to use and has great tools for art. Here are some pros and cons
Lots of tools varying from drawing, inking and sketching.
Inexpensive but it does not show it in the software
No lag at all
You can zoom in and out to do very great detail
Upload images to copy from as a reference image
Lots of colours, also if you need an exact colour, put the colours number into the software and it lets you use that colour
I thought long and hard but I cannot think of a con. Only thing I recommend is getting a cheap $12 stylus from a electronic store or staples which is more comfortable.
Thank you pro create for this amazing app! I have been creating lots of great art work with it. Also, thank you for making it affordable!
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 186.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Savage Interactive
- In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015 Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.