Apple Design Award winner and App Store Essential – Procreate is the most powerful sketching, painting and illustration app ever designed for a mobile device, built for creative professionals. This complete artist’s toolbox helps you create beautiful sketches, inspiring paintings, and stunning illustrations anywhere you are. Procreate features ground-breaking canvas resolution, 136 incredible brushes, an advanced layer system, and is powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine on iOS.
Create a canvas and start painting with any of Procreate’s exclusive dual-texture brushes. Use the immediately responsive smudge tool to perfectly blend colour with any brush in your library. With Procreate’s incredibly high-resolution canvases you can print your artwork at massive sizes. Experience the revolutionary selection, transform, and perspective tools built exclusively for multitouch and finish your illustration with stunning cinema-quality effects. Procreate’s powerful and intuitive interface always puts your art in focus.
With a deep range of professional quality features, Procreate has all the power a creative needs.
• Feature Highlights
- Optimised for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil
- Massive Ultra High Definition canvases, up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro 12.9" and 10.5”
- Powered by Silica M: the fastest 64-bit painting engine
- Stunning 64-bit colour
- Deliciously responsive 64-bit smudge sampling
- Multi-threaded; optimised for iPad’s multiple cores
- 250 levels of undo and redo
- Continuous auto-save—never lose work again
- Crop and Resize your canvas for the perfect composition
- Revolutionary QuickShape feature makes perfect shapes instantly
- Connect a keyboard to use shortcuts for advanced features
- Advanced QuickMenu for rapid interface interaction
• Breakthrough Brushes:
- Packed with 136 beautifully made brushes
- Game-changing dual textured brush system
- Over 50 customisable settings for every brush
- Create your own custom Procreate brushes and sets
- Import and export custom brushes
• Advanced Layering System:
- Layer your artwork for precise control over individual elements
- Use Layer Masks and Clipping Masks for non-destructive editing
- Stay organised by combining layers into Groups
- Select multiple layers to move or Transform objects simultaneously
- Access 17 layer blend modes for professional compositing
• Colour Without Compromise:
- 64-bit colour for greater accuracy
- P3 Wide Colour support
- Fill your art seamlessly with ColorDrop
- Input RGB or hex values for exact colour matching
• Dramatic Finishing Effects:
- GPU accelerated for optimum speed
- Perspective Blur (exclusive to Procreate)
- Gaussian and Motion Blurs
- Sharpen and add Noise
- Colour Balance, Image Curves, HSB, Recolour
• Powerful Drawing Guides:
- Perspective, Isometric, 2D, and Symmetry visual guides
- Drawing Assist perfects your strokes in real time
• Groundbreaking Video Features
- Relive your creative journey with Procreate’s Time-lapse Replay
- Broadcast your process live with your favourite streaming service
• Sharing and Workflow Integration:
- Drag and drop artworks, brushes, and palettes between applications
- Import or export Adobe® Photoshop® PSD files
- Export to AirDrop, iCloud Drive, Photos, iTunes, Twitter, Dropbox, Google Drive, Facebook, Weibo and Mail
- Export as layered native .procreate file, PSD, TIFF, transparent PNG, multi-page PDF or web ready JPEG
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but sometimes you need a thousand words. Thousands of you asked for one vital addition to Procreate. We heard you, and we're thrilled to present it as the centrepiece of 2019's first major update: Text! You'll never be lost for words again.
• Text and Typography
Add gorgeous editable typography to your illustration. Refine spacing and alignment with precision sliders, and rasterize the results for total control over the finish. The word is your oyster!
• Import Fonts
Need to create something with a distinctive typeface? Easy. Just drag-and-drop your favorite fonts into Procreate and find your perfect type.
• Share Layers
With new layer export options, you can share your layers as a folder full of PNG images, a multi-page PDF, or an animated GIF. Or, use full artworks for each frame by selecting them from the Gallery.
• View Single Layer
All the single layers
(All the single layers)
Now put your hands up... and view the contents of a single layer in isolation by holding the Visibility checkbox.
• Pressure Smoothing
All new pressure smoothing settings will help you create flawless strokes. So smooth under pressure they walk away from explosions in slow motion while asking for your number.
• New Layer Blend Modes
Blend it like Beckham with Darker Color, Lighter Color, Vivid Light, Linear Light, Pin Light, Hard Mix and Divide.
Smoother, better, faster, stronger: 4.3 comes with loads of fixes and polish. Daring souls can now turn off undo/redo gestures.
We can't wait to spend hours Texting with you. And if you like it, you should put a review on it.
Ratings and Reviews
Support just blew me off.
Sent support an email saying procreate has become an essential professional tool, and asking if the big upcoming fall release will be disruptive to workflow and storage.
Answer: If you don't like it, don't update.
That's how you lose people, because you won't be the only good option for long.
Great App For All Level Artists
This is a great app, I bought it today and coming from a Wacom tablet, I prefer this. It is easy to use and has great tools for art. Here are some pros and cons
Lots of tools varying from drawing, inking and sketching.
Inexpensive but it does not show it in the software
No lag at all
You can zoom in and out to do very great detail
Upload images to copy from as a reference image
Lots of colours, also if you need an exact colour, put the colours number into the software and it lets you use that colour
I thought long and hard but I cannot think of a con. Only thing I recommend is getting a cheap $12 stylus from a electronic store or staples which is more comfortable.
Thank you pro create for this amazing app! I have been creating lots of great art work with it. Also, thank you for making it affordable!
Virtually no stylus support or palm rejection.
I used the adonit pixel and it just sucks with procreate. I now use other programs which sucks cause I purchased this
- Savage Interactive Pty Ltd
- 190.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Savage Interactive
- In-App Purchases
- Early Access 2015 Free
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.