Promenade is an app designed for family members and caregivers to use when visiting loved ones living with dementia or related illnesses.
Created by experts in the field of Gerontology and Therapeutic Recreation, Promenade is a tool that can help stimulate conversation, encourage reminiscence, and make personal visits more rewarding and engaging. In view of the proven positive effects of Reminiscence Therapy, Promenade uses photos and conversation-based questions in a way that makes it easier for someone with dementia to reminisce about past life events and pleasant memories.
Promenade presents groups of photographs based on user selected topics; however, it's much more than just an image search. Every topic is accompanied by a list of conversation based questions, as well as related topic suggestions to ensure there’s always something to talk about.
Conversations will flow with ease as you and your loved one nostalgically discuss memories inspired by the countless photos and questions provided. Bring Promenade along for your next visit, and revisit a lifetime of memories, together.
The previous version still had some problems handling certain kinds of searches, and had some problems presenting the photos properly. These have been addressed in this latest update.
- Christopher Benoit
- 51.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2014 Chris Benoit
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.