Are you a primary care provider, medical student, or part of a family health team and are looking to:
• improve your access to mental health assessment tools,
• provide customized patient care,
• have a powerful teaching and simulation tool on-hand,
• and save time during your screening and interviewing process?
Then the Psychiatry in Primary Care (PPC) Toolkit has been designed with you in mind.
A team at The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) – Canada's largest mental health and addiction teaching hospital – has created the PPC Toolkit to help solve the problems associated with screening and assessing for mental health disorders.
Now you can easily find and access the mental health tools you need all in one place, create customized toolkits to support your practice, and it is all wrapped in an elegantly designed and intuitive app that is simple to use but offers many powerful features.
• interactive screening tools that provide immediate results with feedback
• diagnostic criteria and rating scales
• the ability to create and save Toolkits of your go-to tools and questions for quick access
• over 135 interview questions designed to solicit meaningful responses
• content aimed at all your patients – including parents and youth
• tips on conducting a patient interview
• notes feature so you can capture meaningful data not covered by the tools or guides
• an easy way to take a personal history of your patient
• custom items area where you can add resources and links that will enhance your patient interaction
• an Export function so you can quickly email results to your preferred account*
*The PPC Toolkit does not store any of the results or notes made in your patient sessions.
No need for paper tests, and online questionnaires, and costly printed brochures. PPC can capture responses to screening tests, access web resources, and send links to PDFs of brochures directly to your patient. It will save you time and money and you’ll rest assured that your knowledge on a particular mental illness will be enhanced.
Clinical situations covered in the app:
• Eating disorders
• Mania (Bipolar disorder)
• Personality disorders
With future updates already planned, we’re sure you’ll find that the PPC Toolkit will become an invaluable tool in your practice for years to come.
CAMH has been recognized internationally as a Pan American Health Organization and World Health Organization Collaborating Centre, as well as one of the world's leading research centres in the area of addiction and mental health.
CAMH gratefully acknowledges the generous support of The Slaight Family Foundation through the Slaight Family Centre for Youth in Transition (http://www.camh.ca/slaightcentre/) in the creation of this mobile application.
This update contains minor bug fixes. If you've benefited from this app, please consider taking a few minutes to leave a review.
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- 29.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.