Qrafter (Crafter) is a two-dimensional barcode scanner for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Its main purpose is to scan and parse the contents of QR Codes. It can also generate QR Codes. Qrafter has the following features:
• Very fast QR Code, Data Matrix, Aztec Code, PDF417 and barcode scanning
• Color inverted code scanning
• A QR Code generator that can generate QR Codes from scratch. It can change the colors of the QR Code images, save them to your photo library, email them as PNG and SVG image files, share them on social media sites and print them if your device is compatible with AirPrint feature of iOS.
• QR Code regeneration for scanned codes
• Built-in safety checker for malicious sites in URLs
• Embedded web browser with vCard and iCalendar support
• Support for opening vCard and iCalendar files directly from Safari
• Embedded map browser
• Embedded SMS sending
• Embedded email sending
• Embedded contact adding
• Embedded event adding
• Embedded Facebook integration
• Embedded Dropbox integration
• Embedded Pocket integration
• Support for printing QR Codes on devices that support AirPrint
• Support for sending history information by email*
• Full localization support
• Torch light on devices with flash
* These features are available when you purchase the "Pro Pack".
• Qrafter can extract the following information from the codes it scans:
• Web page and Bookmark URLs
• Map URLs
• iTunes URLs
• Facebook URLs
• Twitter URLs
• Foursquare URLs
• Yelp URLs
• Raw geographical coordinates
• vCard information
• meCard information
• iCalendar event information
• Phone numbers
• Email addresses
• YouTube video URLs
• Wi-Fi network information
• Encrypted text
• Plain text
Qrafter has an in app purchase called "Pro Pack" to further enhance its abilities. This pack includes the following:
• A feature to send your history information to any email address as a comma-separated value (CSV) file. This way you can get the raw data included in the items you scanned, in bulk.
• Removal of advertisement banners from Qrafter. All ad loading will stop immediately and banners will be removed from all screens.
Don't forget to see the Facebook page of Qrafter! It's at http://www.facebook.com/Qrafter
• Minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Very courteous and prompt support
I was trying to create a QR code of my contact details so I may print the code on my business cards. When testing reading the code using the native iPhone camera app, I noted that my work and mobile phone were both parsed as “phone” without distinction between them. I messaged the developer and in less than 24 hours received a detailed reply explaining how QR codes work and that interpretation depends on the reader (parser).
I did not expect such a quick and detailed response especially since I was using the free version of the app.
Nice to see that a single developer is able to create a nice app but also offer excellent support.
Does not read or scan pdf417.
Does not read or scan pdf417. Too bad.
Developer Response ,
The app scans and creates pdf417 correctly on iOS 11 and later.
This is my absolute GO-To scanner
I used this scanner to inventory serial numbers from hundreds of computers. So much easier than dumb paper!
- Ali Kerem Erkan
- 40 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Croatian, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2019 Kerem Erkan
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack $3.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.