Based on the popular PocketSnips Procedural Skills Project (PocketSnips.org), RealWorld Procedures features videos and protocols for common medical procedures including:
- Arm casting
- Central line insertion
- Circulation test (Allen test)
- Digital block
- Foley catheter insertion
- IV line insertion
- Local anaesthesia
- Sebaceous cyst removal
- Shoulder reduction
- Simple suturing
- Sterile gloving
Learn the procedures right on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. Discussion of each procedure includes general background information, indications, safety precautions, step-by-step protocol, tips and an overview of the possible complications. Videos and figures are used to demonstrate the procedures.
Ideal on the ward for quick reference!
=== About PocketSnips ===
A consortium-based initiative involving the public and private sectors, PocketSnips is an interprofessional project that advances continuing medical education and continuing professional development for health professionals. Content for the project come from various collaborators and institutions including:
- The Northern Ontario School of Medicine (NOSM)
- Sudbury Regional Hospital/ Hôpital régional de Sudbury (SRHRS)
- Laurentian University School of Nursing
- Laurentian University Instructional Media Centre
- The Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN)
- Cambrian College
=== About Hyperexis ===
Hyperexis is a Sherbrooke-based company specialized in the development of multimedia education resources for health professionals.
Ratings and Reviews
V. V. Helpful app
Great refresher for most procedures when working in ER. Love it
- 112 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2012-2013 Hyperexis
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.