Reditr - Best Reddit Client
By Reditr Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Reditr is a desktop client designed by David Zorychta and Dimitry Vinogradov. Reditr runs on Windows, OS X, Ubuntu and Chrome. Reditr has a plethora of features available to our users, and Reditr is totally and 100% free.
Reditr was designed to serve as a simple to navigate client for Reddit. It is actively maintained and as developers our primary goal in maintaining Reditr is to fix bugs and implement features as suggested by the users of Reddit (check out /r/reditr and /r/reditrbugs). A current feature list is as follows:
• Multiple language support
• View multiple subreddits at once via column interface
• Automatic draft saving-- never lose what you've typed on Reddit again
• Navigate through comments intelligently with many sorting options added ontop of Reddit's defaults
• Quickly view your Reddit browsing history
• Highlight new comments since last visit
• Import tags with RES (Reddit Enhancement Suite)
• View post/link contents and comments simultaneously
• User tagging system (give users multiple tags & synchronizes)
• Friend manager
• Subreddits update automatically
• Cross device account synchronization
• Private messages into interactive chat
• Load all comments automatically
• Bulk private messages sender
• Custom columns (follow friends, multiple subreddits etc.)
• Hoverzoom for images and other content
• Live notifications (messages, replies etc.)
• Customizable hotkeys
• Full comment controls
• Save posts & comments
• Moderation tools
• Gallery mode for picture intense subreddits with mouse wheel scrolling
• Dark and light themes
• Custom signatures
• Multiple account support
• Search capabilities
• User profile viewer
What's New in Version 3.0.1
• Made the app's window controls seamless
• Improved loading screen at startup
• Downloading Images option now works
Nice client, but doesn’t go full screen properly
Overall, this is a very good client for reading and posting to reddit. Nice interface and the multi column layout is good for hardcore users. Youtube and soundcloud are displayed inline for previewing as well.
The only major missing feature is that it doesn’t create another desktop when going fullscreen like most other apps I use. If not for that, 4 stars out of 5 wuld have been a 5.
Edit: after another couple of minutes I found out you can fullscreen with View -> Fullscreen, so I’m upping the rating to 5. Normally fullscreen is enacted using the Green maximize button, so I just missed it.