Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Remote is designed to be in perfect sync with iTunes. With just a few taps on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, you can play iTunes Radio from anywhere in your home. Choose playlists, songs and albums as if you were in front of your computer or Apple TV. Or play them from iCloud with iTunes Match on Apple TV. Control your Apple TV with the flick of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly tap out a title instead of clicking letters on the Apple TV screen.
Note: Remote is only compatible with Apple TV (3rd generation or earlier)
Control your iTunes Library
• Browse, listen to and control your iTunes library from anywhere in your home
• Create and update iTunes playlists, including Genius playlists
• View album, film and TV programme artwork
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Control shared libraries on iTunes and Apple TV
Control your Apple TV
• Use simple gestures to control Apple TV
• Enter text with the keyboard
• Browse, listen to and control your iTunes Match library on Apple TV
• Browse your purchased films and TV programmes in the app and play them on Apple TV
Play iTunes Radio
• Play iTunes Radio on your Mac, PC or Apple TV
• Browse and play Featured Stations and My Stations
• Create a station from a song or artist
Listen with AirPlay Speakers
• Control iTunes to send music to AirPlay speakers
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• Apple TV (3rd generation or earlier)
• Requires a device with iOS 7.1 or later
• Controlling iTunes Radio requires iTunes 11.1.3 or later or Apple TV Software 6.1 or later
• Requires a Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV or iTunes on a Mac or PC
What's New in Version 4.2.2
This update includes minor stability and performance improvements.
Why isn't this updated for the new Apple TV
Please update the app so it supports the new Apple TV. please please please
I never knew it would be this hard to connect! This app must be the worst app on my phone. Apple needs to pull it together
Still one glitchy app
Watching this mess over the years has become almost comical. It worked very well upon release and now, many years later, it is a mess that regularly just stops seeing the devices it should be able to control. The app is slow and has to reconnect if you switch from it for too long. That wasn't a problem in the early days of the app. There is a setting to stay connected which I have enabled, but it doesn't work. It did like 5 years ago along with all the other features that are now broken.
They've added a bunch of flash over the years but the core functionality, which was very stable at one time, is now a glitchy mess that will keep you reaching for your physical remote.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 21, 2015
- Version: 4.2.2
- Size: 25.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Canada, Inc.
- © 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.