Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Remote is a great companion to Apple TV or iTunes. Control your Apple TV with the flick of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly enter text. Connect to iTunes on your Mac or PC to play from your library as if you’re in front of your computer. Remote is the best way to control iTunes from anywhere in your home.
Control your Apple TV
• Enter text with the keyboard
• Use simple gestures to navigate Apple TV
• Control the song, movie, or TV show that's currently playing
Control your iTunes Library
• Browse and control your iTunes library from anywhere in your home
• Create and update iTunes playlists, including Genius playlists
• View album, movie, and TV show artwork
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Control shared libraries on iTunes and Apple TV
Listen with AirPlay Speakers
• Control iTunes to send music to AirPlay speakers
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• Device with iOS 7 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV or iTunes on a Mac or PC
• Apple TV (4th generation) requires tvOS 9.1 or later
Note for Apple TV (4th generation):
Remote app is designed to provide simple navigation, text input, and control with the new Apple TV. Features such as Siri, volume control, or using the accelerometer or gyroscope for game play are only made possible with the Siri Remote.
What's New in Version 4.2.3
Remote app adds support for the new Apple TV (4th generation) providing similar functionality as it did with Apple TV (3rd generation) for text input, navigation, and control.
Swipe sluggish to unusable on 6s+
Have been using this app without a hiccup on all my phones and iPads. Now that I have a 6s+ the swipe is unusable. Won't respond to swipes then spams the swipes and can never pinpoint a selection. Works flawlessly with iPhone 5, iPads (2,air,air2,Pro). Hoping for a quick fix, but not holding my breath.
There doesn't seem to be a keyboard on this app, which I find the most important thing to have!
Now updated for Apple TV 4
Now works with the latest Apple TV but you have to make sure you have the latest TVos update.
No Siri support yet but apparently it's coming. I'll five star once that drops!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 09, 2015
- Version: 4.2.3
- Size: 25.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Canada, Inc.
- © 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.