By Libros Media Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
UPDATE 28 Feb 2017:
Due to many reports of compatibility issues with our speech recognition system, we have released an update that uses Siri-based speech recognition. Stability has improved significantly.
Learn Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin (and more) anytime and anywhere with Rocket Languages. Our courses are designed to minimize your time to become conversational while keeping it fun!
THE ROCKET SYSTEM
We use the key strategies that successful polyglots use to learn 5 or more languages.
1. Making the BEST USE of limited time: Rocket is designed so that you can learn at your own pace and in your own time.
2. Understanding EXACTLY how the language and culture works: You get in-depth, step by step instructions on how the language works (in English), as well as valuable cultural tips
3. REINFORCE what you learn so that it sticks forever: Our scientifically designed Testing algorithm re-displays words and phrases that you are weak on until they stick in your head like glue.
4. Practice SPEAKING and SOUNDING like a native: The Rocket system has several features that prompt you to speak out loud. A key plank to your success.
5. Maintain MOTIVATION and have fun while you learn: Rocket has been designed to include a whole range of activities and features that will keep you engaged, motivated, and on track.
• You can learn Spanish, French, Italian, German, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Arabic (Egyptian), Russian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Hindi, and Korean.
• Free sample courses are available in all languages (no ads!)
ROCKETS MAIN FEATURES
Each full level has:
• Over 60 hours of Interactive Audio lessons
• Over 60 hours of Language & Culture lessons
• Plenty of Writing lessons (script languages only)
• Voice Recognition that lets you perfect your pronunciation on the thousands of phrases in every course
• 24/7 lifetime access with free upgrades
• All of your progress is synchronized across all of your devices
What's New in Version 4.3.0
Due to many reports of compatibility issues with our speech recognition system, we have started from scratch and rebuilt the system based on Siri.
Stability has improved significantly
- Added ability to cancel recording
-Better error tracking to improve overall user experience
- Minor UI updates
Poor software, manipulated reviews
Glad they've given users the ability to cancel voice recording. However, it's still terrible in the app. I would say after the initial lessons with one or two word phrases, it fails to catch what I say or thinks I said something completely different over 75% of the time. My internet connection is completely fine and I know my pronunciation is not that bad. If the voice recognition is a selling point for you, think again. It has been a constant frustration the whole time I've been using this app - it's a little better on my computer, but I would prefer using the app. Unfortunately, I cannot change my initial favourable review on the Rocket Languages website, which I wrote after completing my free trial and getting a $10 discount to submit. So beware the favourable reviews you see online for this program.
Other points: the app misses activity points and you have to restart the app to complete a section. Also, the presentation of some of the audio lessons is really weird. Sometimes the instructor is antagonistic to the listener and lesson 3.2 is blantanly sexist. Be careful with the trial lessons, because they've clearly put their effort into perfecting those ones.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 01, 2017
- Version: 4.3.0
- Size: 26.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Libros Media Limited
- © Libros Media Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Rocket French Premium: Level 1$209.99
- Rocket Italian Premium: Level 1$209.99
- Rocket Chinese Premium: Level 1$209.99