Rogers Smart Home Monitoring
By Rogers Communications Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy peace of mind knowing that you’re always connected to your home and your family. Rogers Smart Home Monitoring customers can use this application to securely view & control their system anytime, anywhere on a smartphone or tablet.
- Arm and disarm your system
- Lock and unlock your door with your smartphone
- View live camera feeds*
- Control connected lights** and thermostats***
- Check the current status of your system
- View system event history by date such as arm/disarm events and sensor/zone activity
- View camera feed that has motion detection****
- View camera feed in High Definition. All HD cameras are displayed in 16:9 aspect ratio*****
- Ability to enable and disable rules from the mobile application.
We've added several features that were previously only available in Web Control Centre,so now right in the application you can easily:
- Create and manage automations / rules to make your Smart Home even smarter
- Manage thermostat schedule to maximize the efficiency and comfort of your home***
- Create and manage security access codes
- View and edit Trusted Circle (Emergency contacts)
- Browse History / Activity, including a clickable calendar and event based filtering
- Enhanced camera viewing pages, including ability to save images and video clips from your Smart Home cameras*
- Tutorial in the app, so you can learn how to get the most out of this latest improvement
To support this app, you must be a current Rogers Smart Home Monitoring customer. Please call 1.866.848.7871 to sign up or learn more about Rogers Smart Home Monitoring.
*Only applicable if you have a camera in your home and subscribe to the Live Video Streaming.
**Only applicable if you have a lamp dimmer and/or appliance switch in your home and subscribe to Lighting and Appliance Control.
***Only applicable if you have a thermostat in your home and subscribe to Thermostat Control.
**** Only applicable if you have motion sensing camera that supports this feature
*****Only applicable if you have HD cameras.
What's New in Version 7.3.9
Fixed in-app video playback for iOS 10 devices
General stability improvement and bug fixes
I like the home monitoring service, we have the full package, several cameras, motion sensors etc....my complaint is the app is terribly slow and unresponsive a lot of the time, even on an iPhone 6s with the latest updates, it's incredibly slow to load, especially in emergency situations like accidental alarms, we have had a few incidents where we were completely unable to access any controls or view any cameras to shut down false alarms, all you'll see is "loading" even on the base tablet during an accidental alarm the system will freeze up, consequently you end up having to call in to the monitoring station to tell them in person you set the alarm off by mistake. I have concerns about this and what may transpire in a real emergency....Also you can not access a lot of the important controls from your phone with the app, many important resets, controls and basic adjustments have to be done from the base tablet or your home computer, problems with sensors etc have to be diagnosed on the tablet, this app will only tell you there is a problem, but not what the problem is, we've had a simple low battery setting off a chime at the base tablet and you have to go look on that device specifically to find out what's going on, meaning if you were out and there was a problem alert, a minor technical issue, you can't find out what's going on until you go home and look on the base tablet, it's very inconvenient ....I wish I could give this a better rating but my experience of 5 months using the app has been quite frustrating, they've got an awful long way to go to get this thing up to something you would feel you can truly rely on. Sorry guys but that's the way it is for now.
It always crash and stop working!!is this Security app? Thanks again rogers
App has a good platform and layout, but camera portion is terrible.
Live feedback was bad on previous version, only work when you are in the house and very choppy and slow at that. Update claimed to fix it, now doesn't connect at all on wifi or cellular.
Also video clip playback has never worked. Can see my saved video clips but click on them to play and it gives video error and cannot play.
Other features of the app work fine like the appliance switch, light bulb, and sensor monitoring.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 14, 2016
- Version: 7.3.9
- Size: 50.7 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: Rogers Communications Inc.
- © Rogers Communications Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.10 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.