A favorite on college Unix systems in the early to mid-1980s, Rogue popularized the dungeon crawling computer game dating back from 1980 (and spawned entire class of derivatives known collectively as "roguelikes"). gandreas software now presents the classic for all your iOS devices (10.0 or newer required):
- Playable in either "ASCII" mode, simple graphic characters or fully graphic tile mode
- Designed for simple "menu" based commands, or can be driven entirely via a BlueTooth keyboard for full retro mode.
- Graphics can be zoomed in/out via pinch
- Completely faithful Rogue experience (all the levels, monsters, potions, scrolls, etc...)
Explore the Dungeons of Doom and retrieve the Amulet of Yendor, or die trying!
- Fix bug with keyboard not dismissing when entering player name
Ratings and Reviews
Love the graphical adaptation to this classic! Thanks for making it free! Auto-save is also awesome, 5 stars
Great Update for Fans?
After 20 minutes I could still not figure out how to play the game, so it unfortunately lost my attention. It's obvious a lot of attention went into this game to update not just the graphics but the controls as well, with gestures and what not. For fans of the original who understand how to play it, this appears to be the definitive version.
- Glenn Andreas
- 28.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 gandreas software
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.