9 cubes, 54 images, over 10 million combinations and infinite stories. Shake to roll the cubes. Create a story using all 9 face-up images.
Keep all your Rory’s Story Cubes® in one place with the app. The ultimate, mobile storytelling game loved by children, parents and grandparents on the go, creative writers, progressive teachers and games masters.
Included in the app are Rory’s Story Cubes®: Originals and the newly released Rory’s Story Cubes® Mix: Clues, change your story by mixing the cubes. Now you can “Craft tales of Cracking Crime.” Additional sets are now available as in-app purchases.
• Realistic physics - shake to roll the cubes. Move and rotate them as you tell your story. Improved user experience is achieved.
• Your cubes - add to your Rory’s Story Cubes collection. The app now comes with both the Original and Rory Story Cubes® Mix: Clues sets. Other sets available as in-app purchases
• New combinations - generate a random combination of 9 cubes from selected sets.
WAYS TO PLAY
• Have fun with family and friends on the go.
• Play solitaire to stretch your imagination
• A creative way to practise a second language.
Engage children in storytelling to improve their creative skills.
Never fear the blank page; roll Rory’s Story Cubes® to overcome writer’s block.
• Generate colourful characters for your role playing game.
See more ways to play at www.storycubes.com.
- Fixed issue relating to iOS 10 including some sound bugs and camera button crashes. You should be able to save and share your StoryCube rolls.
- The bug with the in app purchase Rory's Story Cubes®: Rescue has now been fixed and is now available for purchase.
Ratings and Reviews
Great but could use some work
Using Story Cubes is great for breaking creative blocks. I even use it to come up with fun stories for with my son. And seeing how the real-life version isn't available in North America yet, I'm glad they have an affordable iPhone version.
However, this app could really use some improvement. It would be nice to be able to change the background or dice colours, and the dice themselves deperately need some anti-aliasing. The ability to make notes would be nice. Also, it would be grear to be able to lock certain dice, and reroll the rest.
This review is based on both the game itself and the App. Awesome. Loads of fun for both the kids and adults. My kids keep asking me if we can play Story Cubes. What a great invention. Thanks!
Brilliant and addictive!
We all love this in our house big and small kids!
- Asmodee Digital
- 140.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009 The Creativity Hub Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Voyages $2.79
- Actions $2.79
- Enchanted $1.39
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.