A fully featured hand drawn animation application for iPad. Made by an animator, for animators. Powerful enough for professionals, simple enough for beginners. Everything you need to create traditional hand drawn frame-by-frame animation, anywhere you go!
- Timeline with unlimited layers and easily adjustable exposure length of individual drawings, for pose-to-pose or straight-ahead animating
- Onion skinning
- Preview playback
- Scrub along timeline
- Import audio for lip syncing
- Import video for rotoscoping animation
- Custom brushes
- Supports Apple Pencil, Adonit & Wacom Bluetooth styluses
- Control framerate and resolution
- Export animation to Quicktime video, GIF, or image sequence
- RoughAnimator projects can be imported to Adobe Flash/Animate, After Effects, and Toon Boom Harmony
- Starts playing from current frame
- Playhead moves along with playback
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
So far pretty good!
Best animation program I've tried so far!
BUT it has an issue most other programs don't have. I like to import audio that isn't on iTunes. An MP3 file. But I haven been able to find the way to do it?
Please help! I'm trying to lip sync but I can't unless the audio is imported!
This app has absolutely no support or user manual. Once you buy your money is gone. Doesn’t do what it is advertised. Any good reviews are fakes. I wish I could get a refund.
Developer Response ,
Hi, there is a user manual on the website: http://roughanimator.com/
If you have specific questions you can email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want a refund, you will have to ask iTunes customer support: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204084
As a 2d animator, It's doing everything I needed. Import vids for reference, sound, pressure sensitivity etc... A few options but exactly what you need for.
The only clunky part is, when you work on a layer, you can't see other layer onion skins. Also, you can't create an empty frame everywhere on the layer, it's a bit frustrating, but for the price, honestly...
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.