Sanskrit Dictionary based on Monier-Williams, Apte, and Macdonell
By Creative Stride
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Academic Room Sanskrit Dictionary is a premium Sanskrit to English dictionary app developed in the Harvard Innovation Lab. Its massive database provides over one million definitions derived from classical Sanskrit dictionaries by Monier-Williams, Apte, and Macdonell. In addition, references from dhatu-patha (a collection of verbal roots with final forms) are also provided, when available. All words can be searched using a Devanagari keyboard. Once downloaded, the app does not require internet access to operate. Special thanks to the faculty in Harvard's Department of South Asian Studies for their encouragement and support during the app's development.
- Beautiful user interface and design
- Uses iOS' easy to use Devanagari keyboard
- Partial word search - enter half words in Sanskrit and obtain top 100 matches
- Mark words as Favorites to review later
- Review the history of words that you have looked up
What's New in Version 1.3
iOS 9 compatibility
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 22, 2015
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 50.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Creative Stride, Inc.
- © 2014 Harpreet Singh
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.