By Second Waiter Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Second Waiter is a restaurant menu companion for people who want to know what’s in their food when they dine out. Whether you have food allergies, food sensitivities, food intolerances, or just need to know the nutritional content of your restaurant meal; we’ve designed this app with you in mind.
Second Waiter is currently available in the U.S. & Canada with hundreds of popular restaurant menus ready to be explored and filtered at your fingertips!
Here’s how the app works:
1) Find the restaurant that you want to visit
2) Open the restaurant menu
3) Sort & Filter menus by your specific criteria (eg. Gluten-Free, Peanut-Free, Soy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Calories, Carbs, Sodium etc.)
4) Add items to your basket to tally the nutritional content, & dine with peace of mind.
FOOD ALLERGY & SENSITVITY FILTERS
+Fiber / Fibre
• Hours of Operation: See what’s open and ready to serve you
• Contact Info: Phone a restaurant directly from our app
• Directions: Access GPS navigation in the touch of a button
• Restaurant Reviews: From Yelp, Google, and users like you
• Social Feed: View the most recent Instagram & Twitter posts, from each restaurant
• Menu categories: Meals are conveniently organized (eg. Appetizers, Entrées, etc.)
• Food Pics: We provide images of menu items; you can also snap & post your own pics too!)
• Meal Reviews: If you loved a meal, you can leave a review for others to see
• Preset Allergy Filters: You can indicate the types of food you would like to avoid
• Favorite Restaurants: Bookmark your fav restaurants in your profile for quick access for later
• Favorite Meals: List all your fav meals in your profile so you remember what you ordered last
• Track Reviews: Keep track of your restaurant & meal reviews
We gather all allergen and nutritional information directly from the official restaurant websites. Our menus are updated periodically, and we try our best to make certain that each menu is up to date.
Second Waiter is a restaurant menu companion app that is to be used as a guide when determining food allergy & nutritional information. We implore people with severe allergic reactions to take the necessary precautions before ordering any restaurant food to ensure your personal health & safety.
Here are some tips that we suggest you follow:
1) Let your server know what allergies & sensitivities you have before you order, to avoid cross contamination in the kitchen.
2) If your server is uncertain, ask to speak with the manager or the chef; don’t be shy.
3) Use our app as a companion to guide you through the menu to become aware of the allergies and sensitivities each meal may contain.
4) Avoid sharing meals, to reduce the chances of an allergic reaction.
5) Always remember to bring your epinephrine auto-injector with you in case of an emergency.
Please feel free to send us your ideas and feedback to our team, so that we can improve your experience! We would love to hear from you
What's New in Version 1.04
- Allergens should now save, sorry about that!
- There was a bug where sometimes would register and the app would crash! This should be fixed.
- Nutrition filters no longer reset when closed
- Basket should now show full allergen information & nutrition
- Many crashes have been resolved. Horray!
Finally a useful app
This is great