Welcome to Sit With Us!
Sit With Us is a social networking app designed to promote kindness and inclusion in schools. Kids can use the app’s features to coordinate lunches with their friends. They can also volunteer to be Ambassadors for their schools and post open lunch events on campus where everyone will be included. No one needs to eat alone!
Sit With Us was designed by a 16 year old girl who was a victim of severe bullying. It was terrible having to eat lunch alone every day, so her goal was to create an app to make sure that no kids felt like they had nowhere to go. So, Sit With Us was created! Inviting others to join the lunch table not only fosters a warmer, more welcome community, but also provides a great opportunity to make new friends.
Sign in via email or Facebook. Type in your school and address so that you can connect with fellow students. The app includes the following features:
• Create a personal profile, including your interests.
• Add friends, including a “favorite” list.
• Search for lunches nearby.
• Add a lunch and invite your friends to join.
• Decide if you want to be a Sit With Us Ambassador for your school, and take the Ambassador’s pledge. (More information on how to start an Ambassador’s Club is on our web site.)
• As an Ambassador, host open lunches from time to time that anyone can join.
• Send messages to your friends or create group chats.
• View your scheduled or past lunches.
• Notifications ensure that you won't miss any updates on lunch requests or friend requests.
• Message center, where you can see all of your chat history.
• Earn points by posting lunch, approving another's request, adding a friend, checking in a lunch, etc.
More information is on our website is http://sitwithus.io.
We'd like to hear your feedback. Feel free to email your suggestions to email@example.com.
Bug fix for tag display
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, needs improvement
I love this app idea, and I think it would really well at my school. The only issue is that there's no way to find out if anyone in my town has the app or what schools near me have ambassadors. I've had this app for awhile, and currently there's nothing found in the "nearby". Specifying what "nearby" is would be good, since I live awhile from my school. Having some type of map showing how many ambassadors or members are in a region would be awesome. Great app idea, but it's difficult to use unless you live in a huge city.
It's a great idea and a very interesting concept, although I want to see some improvements for example I want to be able to find friends with the same interests as me from my school area. I wasn't able to find a search like that in the app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.