The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, optimized to help you stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Communicate easily with the people in your life through free Skype-to-Skype video/audio calls, personalized messaging and low-rate calling to mobiles and landlines around the world.
• Message: send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons and Mojis, and react to messages and more.
• Groups: Free group video and audio calling for up to 25 participants, group chat with up to 300 people and plan or play with bots, add-ins and personalized features
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
Note: Skype-to-Skype calls and messages are always free when used on an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection. Otherwise, operator data charges may apply.
iOS 10.0 or above.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Effortlessly set the mood: Quickly choose a list of mood messages that match your sentiment and change out the emoticon to match.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Good to Bad
I placed a review for Skype for iPhone in which I complained that I could not access my Contact list since my primary use of Skype is for Skype Out. Skype told me (and commented under my review) that they were aware of this and were going to fix it. Now I notice that, in this latest update of Skype for iPad, they have taken away the ability to access the Contact list on the iPad version. Come on, guys!
Not happy with this new app
Okay wonderful love the new look but when you call
someone it says missed a call when meanwhile the person you called answered I am a regular customer and I pay every month to call overseas but as of now I am not too happy with the new look app I like the fact when you call someone it shows the date the time and how long you were talking to the person. Please fix it
New App for Skype
This. is the worse update ever..there are too many options.
I am sure there are thousands of seniors that use Skype just to communicate with family that do not need all these extras.
I will look for another way to communicate with distant family
Toooooo bad you did not advise this was going to happen and give us time to adjust
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 143.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2019 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up $6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.