Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free*, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 24 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!”
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- We've improved the experience when joining Skype calls from an invitation link.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Disappointing - Removes your control
Very disjointed Skype. Why is it with push disabled, background app refresh disabled, heck even data disabled on cellular, I still receive notifications of new messages? Not only does this kill my battery, I run out of data! How can Apple allow such an app on their store?! It completely bypasses (or ignores) the owners settings for data use, backgrounds refresh and notifications! Disgusting!!!
What else is this app doing which it shouldn't????
Hello cben_gi , Thanks for leaving feedback on our new look. We are sorry you are having trouble with the app. Please uninstall and reinstall the application to fix the issue . To help us improve the application, you can send your suggestions through the option Help and Comments of the application. Silvana
Can’t even get it set up. Can’t get to see contacts. Jams up.
Update! Finally with latest update as of yesterday (February 21) fixed problem. How well it works is t be seen. Will update with use.
Hello Eroscat , Thanks for leaving feedback on our new look. We are sorry you are having trouble with the app. To help us improve the application, you can send your suggestions through the option Help and Comments of the application. Silvana
I used this app over an hour with my friend in Europe, the sound clear and no disturb. I rate 5 stars and it keep good to use
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 134.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2003 - 2018 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up $6.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.