Skype for iPhone
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The Skype you know and love has an all-new design, supercharged with lots of new features and new ways to stay connected with the people you care about most.
What can I do with Skype?
• Messaging made amazing: More than just text. Send photos, videos, voice messages, emoticons, Mojis and more. You can also respond to any message from your contacts with reactions.
• Great for groups: Add your favourite people and start chatting. Use groups to plan together, play together, for staying in touch or just for hanging out.
• Call everyone - Skype, mobiles and landlines: Free* video and voice calls make it easier to stay connected with friends and family. You’ll also enjoy low calling rates to mobiles and landlines worldwide with Skype.
• Never miss a moment with quick capture: Quickly swipe to capture photos and videos. Make them your own by adding emoticons, stickers and annotations.
• Share Highlights: Keep others updated with Highlights from your day. React to any Highlights with amazing emoticons or send a private message about that Highlight. Your Highlights only stay visible for 7 days to your followers.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Upgrading to the new Skype may result in the deletion of content from older conversations.
To save photos and videos that were previously sent or received in an older version of Skype, save that content to your camera roll/photo gallery before upgrading to the new Skype.
What's New in Version 8.6
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Resolved issue affecting push notifications.
- General performance and reliability improvements.
Zero stars (4th update)
Worst Skype update.
Update: Minus 5 stars
As of the latest update from August 29, the app won't connect. New UI is still awful.
Update: Skype is not listening
The new Skype design and features are horrible. I hope they won't "redo" the PC version as well.
Update 4: Skype sucks
Skype is not WhatsApp nor do I want it to become that. Also, new design/interface still sucks. I want to switch back to "classic" Skype, or delete it altogether. Still hope the desktop app won't be "revamped" like this one.
Moins conviviale. De moi s'en moins bonne à chaque mise à jour
Plus difficile de gérer les contacts. Menu moins clair. Je préférerais revenir aux versions précédentes. j'aimerais voir rapidement les contacts en ligne et aussi avoir accès à l'historique facilement. Ce n'est plus le cas. Je ne vois pas ce que les récents changements ont pu améliorer. Lorsqu'on reçoit une demande d'ajout de contact on ne voit même pas comment l'accepter ou la refuser. Une version remplacer rapidement! Revenez à la version de l'an passé!!!
Looks bad, slow, glitchy/buggy, hard to navigate, confusing, and overdone.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Sep 12, 2017
- Version: 8.6
- Size: 99.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © 2003 - 2017 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$6.99