By The Slate Group, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy Slate, the award-winning daily online magazine, on iPhone and iPad. Slate’s wry, insightful reporting and commentary on politics, news, and culture is now available in an application designed to optimize your mobile and tablet reading, listening, and viewing experience. The app offers a clean, easy-to-use interface and includes Slate articles, blogs, podcasts, and videos.
- Access to the latest Slate articles and blogs, including Slate’s popular political and legal commentary, movie and television reviews, and Dear Prudence.
- Slate’s popular daily podcasts, including the Political Gabfest, the Culture Gabfest, and The Gist. The app allows users to play podcasts in the background while browsing other content.
- A home screen designed to showcase Slate’s top stories while allowing readers to browse the most recent and most popular stories.
- Tools that let users share Slate stories and features via e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, and SMS.
- Our membership product, Slate Plus is now available via in app purchase.
The app is free to download, however we do display advertisements within the app. Additionally we offer the ability to log in to your existing Slate Plus account or purchase a new Slate Plus account through the in app purchases. Your Slate Plus account can be used on your iOS devices as well as our website. To use your Slate Plus subscription on other devices you must create an account after completing your purchase. You can always create an account at a later time if you choose not to do so initially after your purchase.
With your Slate Plus subscription, you'll receive:
- Access to all Slate Plus content
- An ad-free experience
By creating an optional account you’ll also receive:
- Single-page articles
- In-page commenting
- Bonus podcast segments
- Early release, member-only and ad-free podcasts
- Access to Slatesters
- Access to premium seating at our live events
- Early access to and 30% off tickets to our live events
Slate Plus Subscription details:
There are two subscription option available for purchase: $4.99 per month and $49.99 per year (Save 17% with the annual) plan. New content is continuously being published by our writers. Your account will automatically renew at the end of each month or year depending on your subscription. Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscription and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to user account settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
For additional information regarding Slate Plus please see our FAQ:
For additional information regarding auto renewal settings please refer to this link:
We are always looking to improve our applications. Please send your thoughts and suggestions to email@example.com.
What's New in Version 5.0
We’re proud to introduce version 5.0 of our iOS app! We’ve rebuilt almost all of it (definitely the not so good parts, and even some of the pretty good parts) to deliver our content faster and more reliably to you, dear reader. As always, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any feedback and bugs.
Here’s the full list enhancements, fixes, and new features we have for you:
- We’ve redesigned how podcasts live in the app: Now you can listen to podcasts in article pages and through the Podcasts section of the application. Tap into an episode to see the associated show notes as well.
- We’ve modified how the app loads our content, so our articles will now load super fast when you tap to read them.
- You can swipe between our section pages to find more content. You can also use the Menu to discover sections and blogs, like in previous versions.
- We gave the article pages a facelift to bring them more inline with our more recent mobile design work. You can pull down on the top images and tap the in-article images to expand them.
- Videos, tweets, and podcasts now load when we reference them in the text of an article.
- Text resizing has been moved to the toolbar in the article pages and will persist across articles in a better way than before.
- Slate Plus members: Log into the app to access Slate Plus content and now, Slate. Plus-only podcasts like our Slate Academy series and ad-free versions of all other Slate podcasts.
- Adopts iOS accessibility technologies to allow people with disabilities access to Slate’s content.
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 26, 2016
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 55.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The Slate Group, LLC
- Slate is published by The Slate Group, a Graham Holdings Company. All contents © 2016 The Slate Group LLC. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes
Top In-App Purchases
- Slate Plus$6.99
- Slate Plus$69.99