Slow Shutter Cam brings new life into your device's photo toolbox by letting you capture a variety of amazing slow shutter speed effects that you only thought you could get with a DSLR. Continue reading to learn more about this unique app!
• Featured numerous times by Apple:
- App Store Essentials: Camera & Photography
- Photography for Professionals - Total Control
- Shot on iPhone 6 - Shoot Beautiful Photos
- Extraordinary Photo Apps
- Best New App
• Nominated for the 2010 and 2011 "Best App Ever Award - Best Photo App"
"It’s one of those rare photography apps that creates effects that few others are capable of, and it does it easily and with better results."
— Marty Yawnick, Life In LoFi
How many times have you tried to capture artful images with your iPhone camera but were left wishing you had more features to work with? Slow Shutter Cam puts an end to mere snapshots and gives you some of the most powerful features of a DSLR camera. All this, in a package that fits in your pocket.
Slow Shutter Cam offers three capture modes to capture unique images:
MOTION BLUR: Equivalent to the shutter priority mode on a DSLR, the Motion Blur mode is perfect for creating ghost images, waterfall effects or suggesting movement in your photographs by adding a blur.
LIGHT TRAIL: The Light Trail mode allows you to 'paint' with light, show car light trails and fireworks or capture any other moving light in a unique way. Unlike shooting with a DSLR and being tied to specific rigid settings to obtain good results, the Light Trail mode takes care of the essentials, letting your creativity soar!
LOW LIGHT: In low light conditions, this capture mode allows the camera to accumulate every photon of light hitting the sensor. The longer the shutter speed, the more light it will accumulate. You can even fine-tune the result using the exposure compensation slider to achieve the exact effect you want!
• Unlimited Shutter Speed and manual ISO
• Option to resume capture
• Real time live preview - See the result in real time
• Innovative 'Freeze' and ‘Blur Strength’ controls
• Tap to adjust focus/exposure
• Time-lapse Intervalometer
• Apple Watch support and handy Self-Timer
• Full resolution support on every devices
With Slow Shutter Cam on your iPhone or iPod touch you get the features of a DSLR camera with the convenience of a device that you can drop in your pocket and take with you wherever you go. Download it now and put an end to mere snapshots!
Search #slowshuttercam on Instagram or visit the "Slow Shutter Cam - iPhone" group on flickr for amazing samples!
This minor version fixes a glitch in the version released yesterday.
- Adds a Shadows editing function to the Low Light capture mode
- Uses the newer PhotoKit framework for faster saving
- Smooths camera transitions
- Adds performance and stability improvements
More to come soon!
By the way, every time we release a new version, we lose all our ratings on the App Store which negatively affects our sales. Thus, we would REALLY appreciate if you could update your rating on the App Store (simply tap the "Rate on App Store" button in the settings). Many thanks!!!
Ratings and Reviews
Great low light, noise free!
This app is fantastic for long exposures! I was able to get some great indoor photos that came out super crisp and noise free, leagues above the stock app that does not stack the exposures so it's quite noisy.
Light trails are a cinch too, all round recommend it highly!
Great preview video, the Ferris wheel is a great idea, I’ll keep an eye out for moving objects like that!
It’s a really great app, I’m just finding it hard to find places to take long exposure low light.
A must-have app for doing slow photo work.
- Cogitap Software
- 5.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2018 Cogitap Software
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.