Small World 2
By Days Of Wonder, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"One of the most compelling games for the iPad." MacWorld Magazine, December 2013
== THE MASSIVE SEQUEL TO THE STRATEGY BOARD GAME OF THE YEAR ===
*** Games Magazine - Game of the Year !!! ***
*** Pocket Gamer Awards - Best iPad Strategy/Simulation Game of the year! ***
*** The first big Euro board game of the iPad era. Fans are in for a really wonderful ride *** TUAW.com
Based on the phenomenally successful Small World fantasy board game with over 500,000 copies sold! Take control of insanely fun fantasy race & special power combos, such as Berserk Halflings, Triton Merchants, Alchemist Ratmen and Dragon-master Amazons, to grab all the land you can in a world that is just too small to share with your opponents!
A host of new features await you in this colossal update:
• New 3, 4 and 5 player maps to conquer, in glorious full retina mode!
• Play Online games in real-time or turn-by-turn, with friends & strangers from the world over; and Local games over Bluetooth or Wifi
• Play Solo against up to 4 built-in AI; Pass’n Play with up to 5 live opponents on a single iPad
• 20 new races & special powers to master through in-app purchases of Cursed!, Grand Dames and brand new to digital Be Not Afraid…
• Online, Solo & Face to Face scores with daily, weekly and forever rankings
• Comprehensive Small World Encyclopedia detailing all rules, races, special powers, icons & more!
• Extensive Game Center, Facebook and Days of Wonder Online Buddies integration
• Brand new musical score, sound effects, graphics and animations
• Video Tutorial by Master Glandulf himself
Discover what reviewers have been raving about:
*** The art is top notch, the gameplay is really fun. Perfect for a quick head to head! *** Games Uncovered
MAJOR KUDOS TO THE 7,042 KICKSTARTER BACKERS WHO HELPED US MAKE SMALL WORLD 2 COME TO LIFE!
What's New in Version 2.5
• New "Online Arena" with lobby to set-up online games.
• New "Single Session" game mode for real-time play, with AI Bots hot-swapping when players quit a game or run out of time.
• New invitation system with preliminary acceptation round before game start, in asynchronous mode.
• New "Players’ Clock" letting you set the amount of time available to each player, for competitive, Speed Chess-style play
• Detailed stats at end game: analyze how your and your opponents’ combos performed!
• Many UI improvements, including a "fast forward" button to run faster through in-game animations.
• A host of bug fixes and AI improvements.
No review after game end?
The previous version you were able to see the coins stack up and see who won. This version doesn't have that replay or any option to view who won the game you were just playing. I was playing a 4 player game with friends, and the only notification I got from the game is "game finished". No telling who won, no coins stacking, nothing. No option for review at all. Please change this.
sloppy app of a great board game
This app has a "2" on the end of its name to distinguish it from the awful original Small World app, but this version has its own bugs and bad design choices. The "tutorial" is a Youtube video. You can still READ the rules without wifi, but there's a two-second delay (on the newest iPad!) and graphical glitches when switching between topics. There are many different potential combinations of powers to keep track of, but no error messages to explain WHY you aren't allowed to make an illegal move. (Would it have been so difficult to just TELL me that I needed to have race tokens left to place my dragon?) The die rolls are perfect, but the scoring is SLOW and it's not clear enough where each point is coming from. (The new version lets you skip scoring and AI turns, but then you miss important info.)
Online is lacking
This is easily the most frustrating app I've ever gotten. It's one of the best board games out there, but I only get to finish about 6/10 games because the rest either timeout, freeze, kick me out because the game timer still runs while counting your score, etc. This is my online experience however,which seems to be a common complaint though amongst the at best 8 other people you find playing online. Which can cause a bit of a wait to actually play an online game in the first place.the solo and pass and play are fine and it is a solid game, just way to buggy online for a $10 app.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 11, 2014
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 201 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Days of Wonder
- © Days of Wonder 2013-2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Cursed !$2.99
- Grand Dames$2.99
- Be not Afraid!$4.99