Social Stories Creator and Library for Preschool, Autism and Special Needs
By Touch Autism
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
An amazing app for easily creating, sharing and printing educational social stories, visual schedules and beautiful memories.
This is a very valuable tool for any teacher, SLP, OT, direct care staff or parent!
Children with special needs often need more direct instruction of social skills. Teaching social skills to any child may be easier and less stressful when visual supports, like social stories are used. The social stories found in this app explain accurate social information and ensures that your child will know what to expect in different situations.
• Easily create stories with pictures, recordings and text.
• Share and receive created stories with other users.
• Send stories as PDFs to be printed out for paper copies.
• Stories can be made in any language.
• Ability to purchase an entire library of over 20 pre-made social stories at one discounted price.
• Organize stories into categories for particular skills, students or classrooms.
• Create and play stories offline (with no internet connection).
• Easy to use, intuitive format.
• Can be used to make visual schedules or other types of visual prompts.
Social stories are an important type of visual support often used with children diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder, Down syndrome or other special need. This social stories found in this app use simple text and descriptive pictures to explain the why and how of different social skills.
Social interactions may be especially difficult for children with an autism spectrum disorder, adhd, or other social delay. Many children, especially those diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder, Down syndrome and other special need, often fail to pick up on social cues, making learning a social skill especially difficult. Social stories may increase awareness and maintenance of social skills.
Social stories were first defined by Carol Gray in 1991 and are commonly used to break down a task or social situation into small and easy to understand steps, often accompanied by descriptive pictures. Social stories are incredibly easy to implement and are used by many professionals for a wide range of behaviors.
See what our reviews are saying about us!
“Wonderful app!! I am able to upload my own photos, record my own voice, and design however the story for my child! I can also upload pre-made stories. Other apps cast $30-50 for the same awesome app! Thank you so much!!” –family games
“This was a great story app for my child” – Kennedml
“This app is great for my nephew who has autism, thank you!” – ImaniZG
“This app is really awesome” – yoursakar
“This app gives an excellent opportunity for a low price” –Sean Quigg
“I love the fact that you can customize this app to target a specific social skill.” – VPEslp25
What's New in Version 4.0
Major update! We have added the ability to print stories and categorize stories. We've added 10 new pre-made stories and an option to buy them all at a bulk discount. Sharing and receiving stories is now a free feature, though only two stories can be stored without upgrading.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 29, 2015
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 88.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Touch Autism
- © 2012 Touch Autism
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Device CareFree
- Social Stories Pro$5.79
- Making Conversations$2.29
- Asking Someone to Play$2.29
- Running Social Story and Visual Tool About When and Where to Run$2.29
- Going Shopping Social Story – A Story About Good Store Behavior$2.29
- Compliments Social Story and Speech Tool$3.49
- Joke Telling Social Story and Speech Tool$3.49
- Using Money and Saving Money Social Story$2.29