World-famous SONIC THE HEDGEHOG is back! RUN and COMPETE with real players from around the world. Find out who is the MASTER of speed! SPRINT, DODGE, ATTACK and SET TRAPS versus other fans in this EASY and FUN MULTIPLAYER game. Download and start your battle NOW!
BATTLE TO WIN
● Run faster with on-track dash pads and grind rails
● Drive other players into obstacles and Badniks
● Attack with Mines, Lightning, Fireballs, Tornadoes and more
● Win trophies to unlock a variety of new and challenging tracks
RACE WITH THE ULTIMATE SONIC TEAM
● Race as Sonic, Amy, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, and more
● Unlock new and rare characters including Omega and Vector
● Compete for Rings in every race to upgrade your characters
● Complete missions to earn rewards
● Top the leaderboards
- - - - -
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
This game may include "Interest Based Ads" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#3IBADiscolure for more information) and may collect "Precise Location Data" (please see http://www.sega.com/mprivacy#5LocationDataDisclosure for more information)
© SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG and SONIC FORCES: SPEED BATTLE are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
- Balance change to Bashosen item - the trail no longer causes damage, but will instead slow opponents.
- Bug fixes and refinements.
Ratings and Reviews
Almost, almost perfect!
I tend to encounter stuttering and ultimately debilitating framerate issues when I receive notifications.
These would often cost me the race as I can’t react to obstacles, necessary sidesteps/jumps, and incoming attacks on time.
it’s especially crippling at the Hero Ranking, when even coming in 2nd place would cause me to stumble down the leaderboard and lose my placing among my region’s top 10 players – which I wouldn’t have much of a gripe with if, perhaps, there was no loss or gain in points for coming 2nd at this stage?
This glaring issue aside (that I hope gets ironed out by the full release), Sonic Forces: Speed Battle is a worthy F2P mobile racer and Sonic game on its own merits.
The lootbox system doesn’t feel predatory compared to other games as I don’t feel hampered or pressured to open my wallet to gain a leg up on the competition; I’m pretty much generously inundated with Rings and Cards already, so the levelling up process is plenty quick and fair (unless you’re gunning for the ultra-rare tier Shadow) without paying. Not to say I don’t occasional dip into the store to speed up the process at times, however.
If I might make a suggestion, perhaps there could be some sort of unranked free play mode for the game in the future? It could help to cater to the more casual players, if not the more hardcore ones who just want to unwind after some intense speed battles, and let them race against others for fun instead of having to worry about their standing. For Fun or For Glory!
In addition, perhaps you could give players the chance to pick up Red Rings on the racetracks just as in the Dash games? Not enough to detract from the 4-hour free chests or from the store, but still enough to feel like they’re making some more progress as they actually play?
Beyond these niggles, perhaps some additional music beyond the same two tracks to spice things up a bit? That’s pretty much all I’ve left to say.
Solid game so far, please continue to support it!
Ads aren't a problem, and the game itself is not bad.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Sega America
- 370.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © SEGA. All rights reserved. SEGA, the SEGA logo, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG and SONIC FORCES: SPEED BATTLE are registered trademarks or trademarks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates.
- In-App Purchases
- Pocket Money $2.79
- Character Unlock Bundle $6.99
- The Bag $6.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.