SpeakBeat Metronome - The only one that counts!
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Massive Update! Thank you to all current users of SpeakBeat, you’ve made it what it is today. We’ve been working hard on this new update and we’re pleased to bring you these amazing new features:
• App is now free! If you paid for the app in the past, please tap “restore purchases.” We’ll remove ads for you, and give you access to the amazing new "mixed meter" feature FOR FREE as a thank-you for your loyalty.
• New time signatures! The app now supports up to 12/8 time.
• Fully customizable mixed meter! (available as a low-cost in-app purchase) If you can imagine it, SpeakBeat can count it out for you. Separate sub-beats for each metrical segment for those tricky complex rhythms.
• By Request: tick-tock voice and notes voice! now SpeakBeat can sound like a traditional metronome, too.
• Brand new voices! All voices have been re-recorded and re-aligned in glorious 48k.
• New voice packs! SpeakBeat comes with a large set of great high-quality voices, but we’ve added the ability to purchase packs of additional “fun” voices.
• Language packs! Learn to count in French, German or Mandarin Chinese!
• Revised interface makes selecting time signatures easier than ever.
• New visual engine makes the interface faster and even more accurate than before.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements, including a bug that made the app a bit of a battery-hog.
Apps4 iDevices says:
"SpeakBeat is very well done ... A Super App!"
- Kids and Adults Love it
- Multiple Voices
- Revolutionary Spoken Count
- Save Your Voice
- No More Ticks!
- Audible Count in
- Time Delayed Start
WHO IS IT FOR
- Music Teachers
- Music Students
- Dancers & Dance Instructors
- Cheerleaders & Cheer Coaches/Choreographers
- Piano Players
- Guitar Players
- Anyone who need to keep time
There are plenty of metronomes on the app store, and for replacing a traditional metronome, these are fine - clicking and ticking away at the edge of your attention. but when it's critical that you or your students know where you are in the bar, counting out loud is more effective, especially for more complex meters and rhythms. Music teachers, composers, dance coaches, choreographers and cheerleaders all know: counting out loud is the way to go.
But when practicing by yourself, counting time can be very difficult when concentrating on notes or steps. Having a teacher or coach count time for you is fine, but when they need to call instructions or directions, they need to stop counting, so their instructions need to be in time as well. Plus, it's boring and exhausting to count "one two three four" all day long.
So why not let your phone do the counting for you? Introducing SpeakBeat: the vocal metronome! Fully customizable and programmable, with a many voices to choose from, SpeakBeat will count "5-6-7-8" all day long, never getting tired and never missing a beat.
SpeakBeat allows you to choose one of a set of studio-recorded high quality voices; choose any tempo using a dial or by tapping out a beats-per-minute; set a time signature, sub-beats, starting delay, and a fully-customizable count-in, either counting up ("five-six-seven-eight") or down ("three-two-one").
What's New in Version 1.2.1
- Bug fix for users of the original paid application. Please restore purchases.
Wow a talking metronome. Its about time someone is making my life easier teaching my students how to keep time.
This app is great! Gets what you need done. Unfortunately there are a lot of in app purchases.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 04, 2015
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shiverware Interactive Software Developments Inc.
- © 2012 Shiverware Interactive Software Developments Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Additional Time Signatures$1.19
- Fun Voice Pack$1.19
- Language Voice Pack$1.19
- Remove Advertisements$1.19