Great songs can come from anywhere. That’s why we designed Spire to go everywhere—helping you record in professional quality anytime inspiration strikes. With Spire’s award-winning audio technology, you can effortlessly translate song ideas to recordings that your friends will be amazed didn’t come from an expensive studio.
The Spire app also allows you to wirelessly control and record with Spire Studio hardware. Edit and mix it to perfection, then share it with the Spire app.
With Spire Studio you can ditch the long set-up times of other devices to record with a full studio-quality microphone, or connect guitars, keyboards, and other instruments. You can even dial-in your unique sound with a wealth of creative effects such as acoustic spaces (reverbs, delays) and guitar/bass amps.
Learn more at www.spire.live.
A DIFFERENCE YOU CAN HEAR
Forget the unwanted characteristics like clipping and distortion—give your music clarity and polish with award-winning audio technology.
EDIT WITH EASE
Visualize your music and use simple touch gestures to edit your tracks the way they were meant to be heard.
COLLABORATE & SHARE
Instantly share projects with friends to collaborate, or share your finished song for the world to hear.
YOUR MUSIC—ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
Quickly export tracks to other apps for further editing, or integrate your cloud storage apps to access your music from anywhere.
• Added three new pedalboard-inspired creative effects to explore*
- Capratone: delay, overdrive, reverb
- Purple Phaze: phaser, reverb
- Revolver: flanger, ping-pong delay
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
*requires connection to Spire Studio running latest firmware
Ratings and Reviews
Spire hardware great but software needs improvement
I own the Spire hardware and it is a pretty great piece of kit. However, the software is really lacking relative to other solutions I have used in the past.
The copy, paste and punch-in features are very very limited. This is exceptionally frustrating when you consider that $80 software I bought from Cakewalk in 1999 had fully featured copy and paste options (as well as the option to move tracks to anywhere in the project), while this software which manages a $550 CAD piece of hardware in 2018 can barely handle any editing whatsoever. You also cannot copy a track from one project and import it into another, which touches on my next issue:
You can only import one external audio file into your project and only when you first start the project. This doesn’t seem like a big deal, until you’ve already imported a drum track from Garage Band and decide that you want to add some strings from Garage band after the fact, and then realize you have to start a whole new project with both those tracks already bumped into an MP3 to make that work. When you consider (like I mentioned) that you can’t copy tracks from one project top another, you can see the frustration of having to completely re-record everything to make something like this work!
Oh ya, and you can also only undo the last thing you recorded.
Another huge issue is that it only exports projects in a proprietary format. So if you are using other software or want to upload into Garage Band that isn’t happening either.
All-in-all there needs to be more care taken with the software, especially since there are now users who have purchased some pretty pricey hardware that this program now supports. It was great when it was all free, but it isn’t up to my expectations for what you pay for the Spire Hardware. I have faith that future updates will make this software more fully featured (or at least bring it up to basic expectations. But until then, it is frustrating.
Not bad but needs more
Really need the ability to trim the whole project or a channel to a specific number of beats/bars otherwise the looping is off. Some basic effects like reverb would be great too.
It is great. I only wish there was a way? To record more tracks and/or combine tracks...maybe there is, I just haven't figured it out....
- iZotope, Inc.
- 91.4 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © iZotope, Inc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.