By Shane McCafferty
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Now 50% off!!!
9/10 - TouchArcade
9/10 - AppAdvice
Bronze Award - PocketGamer
Pilot the Starseed and perform bombing runs on massive dreadnoughts in the depths of space. Each vanquished dreadnought brings a new Starseed form and new weapon types.
- 9 Playable Starseeds!
- 9 Huge dreadnoughts to defeat!
- Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements!
- Old-skool arcade presentation and effects!
- 9 amazing chip tunes from @FracturesAudio!
- Risk reward bullet grazing combo system to master!
Follow us for the latest info and game news!
What's New in Version 1.0.8
Thanks for playing Starseed!
New in this update:
- MFi controller support (enabled via the Settings menu - bottom left of the splash screen)
- Better messaging for the Pause menu (tap the top of the screen while playing)
- The sensitivity slider is now in both the Pause and Settings menu.
- Lots more smaller tweaks.
What's in the next update then Shane eh?
- Full iPad support!
Extra bonus words!
- You can also play Starseed as a horizontal shmup! Simply rotate your device. !:O
Shmup that makes you want to scratch your eyes out
This game is painfully bad. 1. Take retro pixel graphics, then make the pixels twice as large. Everything is just ugly blocks. There is zero charm in these graphics. 2. The color pallette is depressing, like everything is washed out and ugly. 3. The game sets the player against moderately fast multihitpoint enemies, now give the player a slow firing single shot pistol with bullets so slow my grandma could catch up to them with her stroller. No player agency. Oh now toss invulnerable asteroids randomly flying through your path which honestly look pretty much the same as some enemies. 4. Ultimate sin: produce ample quantities of enemies from behind the player -- you know, where your thumb is covering the screen, so they are a complete surprise!
I feel bad for this dev because he put a neat landscape/portrait switching feature in the game and there is a nice snake type enemy which is like the first thing you shoot at so it shows he loves this thing. But this is a baby not even a mother could love.
I must now render judgement.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 28, 2015
- Version: 1.0.8
- Size: 43.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shane McCafferty
- © Shane McCafferty
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.