Static noise and visuals at your fingertips.
Swish is a static noise generator, useful for calming babies, blocking out unwanted noises, or just adding a bit of static to your life, if that's what you're into!
Many apps use megabytes of storage with enormous recorded loops, leaving less space for your movies, photos, and music. Swish uses the built-in audio of your device to generate high-quality static noise while conserving storage space and battery life.
• Usage Tips •
- Slide the volume to off before switching apps or sleeping your device to disable the background static noise.
- Leave the volume on while switching to another app to hear static noise while continuing to use your device.
- Leave the volume on while putting the device to sleep to hear static noise while your display is turned off.
• Design Advantages •
Swish's visual design also features random visual noise, reminiscent of vintage television displays tuned to a missing channel. To disable this visual while using Swish, just push the sleep button on your phone to deactivate the display.
Swish is optimized to use a minimal amount of your phone's space and processing power. Swish uses CoreAudio to generate random white noise on-the-fly, and the power of your device's graphics card to produce static visual noise very efficiently. Because Swish does not include pre-recorded audio files, it uses only a small amount of space on your phone.
This update improves Swish by bringing it up to date for optimal performance the latest iOS devices:
- Improved graphics to look sharper on newer iPhones
- Updated to use the full screen size of iPhone X and other newer devices
- Remove "reflection gloss" from TV screen graphic
If you have a minute, please leave a rating or review in the App Store. It means a lot.
Questions or concerns about the app? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.