Switch Box Invaders is a fast paced single tap game made for and with young people who use switches to control their iOS devices. It can be played by touching the screen or with any iOS compatible switch interface.
The app is an established and enjoyable way of improving timing and tracking skills with over 20,000 downloads on iPad since 2012. The latest update also supports recent iPhones and iPod Touch.
Speed of game play can be adjusted to suit slower players and laggy switch boxes. An optional high-contrast mode optimised for players with CVIs and moderate visual impairment is also provided.
Apple Game Center support for Achievements, Leaderboards and Challenges is included. Discounted pricing and VPP for educational users is supported.
Quick Start for Switch Users
iOS Switch Control (Recommended)
● Use 'Tap Middle of Screen' as your Launch Recipe
● Alternatively map a switch to 'Tap Middle of Screen'
● Leave the 'Legacy Switch Control' option in the app's settings disabled
● A scannable game options menu is available via the main iOS Settings
Legacy/Direct Switch Control
● Supports most switch interfaces when iOS Switch Control is disabled.
● Also supports all iOS wired and wireless keyboards - use the spacebar to play.
● Enable the 'Legacy Switch Control' option in the app's settings
● See the Support Page for a list of tested switch interfaces and compatible modes
To prevent lockout when people enable it by mistake, Legacy Switch Control must be selected each time you start the app - all other game settings are saved for the next time you play.
Support for iPhone and iPod Touch version 4 and above. iOS9 Support. Higher resolution and performance improvements on newer devices.
- Simon Evans
- 37.5 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Cognable 2012-2016
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.