With full-featured algebra capabilites on par with high-end scientific calculators this applications lets you perform all kind of different operations from the simplest multiplications to computing the integrals of the most complicated functions. (see the screenshots for examples!)
Ideal for high-school or college students, also useful for engineers or anyone dealing with a lot of math.
Even if you are using just a fraction of the functionalities, the iphone-ish, easy-to-use interface makes life much easier compared to traditional calculators.
- Exact arithmetic. 5/15 is 1/3 and not 0.333 (unless you select rounded numerical mode)
- Extensive algebra and calculus capabilities.
- Formulas displayed in "natural" form
- History, storing results in an easy-to-use way
- Unlimited number of variables, user-defined functions
- Session management
- in-app help
Some of the more interesting algebraic capabilities:
- Simplifying or expanding expressions
- Solving equations, systems, differential equations, numerically or symbolically
- Integrals, derivatives, limits, taylor series, etc for function analysis
- Full support for complex numbers
- Vectors, matrices, linear algebra functions
- ... and many other things
User feedback is always welcome!
- bugfixes for limit(), integrate(), sum()
- new function: expand()
- adjustments for iOS 8
Ratings and Reviews
Best every day CAS
Very lean interface with complex results
Straight foreword entries
Great Vector functions
Clean plot with easy edit
Missing a more colorful keyboard to separate numbers and different functions. In this register, Math Studio could be a good inspiration.
Could not find highlights in the plot display (roots, min, max, diff.)
Great simple overall CAS to be used everyday.
I have found the user defined function capability to be extremely useful! I highly recommend this app to anybody who needs affordable MathCad like capabilities on their mobile devices! Five stars for sure!
To have a calculator like this (and other resources available on the iPad) is amazing. The visibility of the stack / history and the ability to copy and edit items make it very efficient to use. The updates made in the latest version (1.7) have made this calculator even easier to use and more powerful. The ability to create custom functions and store them with the default function list is a huge time saver. I have tried a few different calculators available on the App Store and this is by far the most useful calculator have found.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.