By North Sails
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The North U. Tactician app is intended to help tacticians record, track and analyze wind data while racing. Nothing fancy. You enter data manually, recording your course and tack. The app tracks the wind over time and shows a strip chart so you can look for trends and patterns. Stop scribbling on the deck.
"An appealingly simple iPhone app."
-Sailing World, March 2012
• Store port and starboard, upwind and downwind headings. Head-to-wind shots, too.
• Clean, clear note-taking. Easy to read and scrollable history. No scribbled rows on a page in a notepad; no scrawled columns on a course board; no grease pencil on gelcoat.
• Automatic time-stamp reduces record keeping burden and increases accuracy. Wind readings are plotted with even time intervals.
• Graphical plot of the wind direction makes it easy to identify oscillations or persistent shifts.
• Use the suggested median headings, or fine tune them. No relying on memory once the medians are set.
• Get instant feedback on how you are doing; headed or lifted, and by how much.
• Revise medians to follow trends in the wind with a tap.
• All the angles and calculations are worked out for you. Why do the math in your head? Opposite tack heading helps you with layline calls. Line of equality bearings tell you if you can cross the competition.
• Keep track of max lifted and max headed numbers on port and starboard with accuracy. No flipping back in your notes.
• Move up the baseline time to take into account major windshifts.
• Be alerted to important events and developments, like a new all-time high or all-time low on a tack, or returning to median.
• Work out tacking angles based on the conditions, but modify them on the fly for lulls and gusts.
• Make corrections to any past data point, so an errant tap does not throw off the tactical picture.
• Flag legs of the race for easy visual reference.
What's New in Version 2
New: start line calculations. Take a sight along the start line, then input head-to-wind headings. The app will tell you which end of the start line is favoured.
Visual refresh - fully updated to the latest iOS visual standards.
Assorted bug fixes.
- Category: Sports
- Updated: Apr 08, 2015
- Version: 2
- Size: 2.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: North Sails Group, LLC
- © 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.